Copy editor/designer, Peninsula Daily News, Port Angeles, Wash.

  • acesjobseditor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2 9:11 PM
      The Peninsula Daily News, the six-day morning newspaper serving the beautiful North Olympic Peninsula of Washington, has an opening on its copy desk in Port Angeles. The successful candidate must have creative layout/pagination skills, copy editing experience, good grammar and syntax skills, be AP style-savvy, know current events, write accurate and catchy headlines and possess InDesign knowledge (we have a state-of-the-art Macintosh-based computer system). Professional newspaper experience helpful; will consider a top-drawer entry-level candidate from a weekly newspaper looking to move up to a daily. Shift is p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays.

      Port Angeles, gateway to Olympic National Park and Victoria, British Columbia, gets half the rainfall of Seattle yet is close enough to enjoy Seattle as well as our rain forests, great fishing and other outdoors activities and pleasant lifestyle. The locally owned, six-day Peninsula Daily News (17,000 daily; 18,000 Sunday) publishes two zoned a.m. editions in Clallam and Jefferson counties. Pay commensurate with experience; full benefits package includes medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), paid vacation with immediate eligibility and sick pay.

      Finalists will be invited to a tryout; because of this, we must give preference to candidates from the Northwest and West Coast.

      Please send cover letter, resume and clips of pages (PDFs are acceptable) with at least three professional references to News Editor Roy Tanaka at roy.tanaka@....

      *This is a corrected version of a posting that was added on Thursday, July 1, 2010.

      PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE OR CONTACT ACES WITH YOUR APPLICATION OR WITH QUESTIONS FOR A PARTICULAR JOB POSTING -- INSTEAD, YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE COMPANY DIRECTLY.