Copy editor, Democrat & Chronicle, Rochester, N.Y.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2010
      Do you embrace words and language? Can you write compelling headlines for print and online? Do you welcome the daily challenge of staring down a deadline? If you've answered yes, then the Democrat and Chronicle in Rochester, N.Y., is where you should be.

      Our news organization, known for its dynamic reputation for innovative journalism, is looking for a copy editor eager to join a Conversion Desk that has its roots in print but also contributes toward advancing our robust digital initiative.

      We want candidates who have a good working knowledge of commonly accepted grammar rules and a discipline that requires strong writing skills that will take a great story and make it even better. Candidates should have a broad knowledge of current events across a spectrum of topics, from sports to politics and medicine to cultural affairs, and be international in outlook.

      Knowledge of the CCI publishing system is a plus but not a must. Design and pagination skills are a bonus.

      Contact Gary Piccirillo, director of local content/nights, Democrat and Chronicle, 55 Exchange Blvd., Rochester, NY, 14614. E-mail: gpicciri@....

      PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS
      MESSAGE OR CONTACT ACES WITH
      YOUR APPLICATION OR WITH QUESTIONS