Copy editor/designer, Tri-City Herald, Kennewick, Wash.

  • Daniel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2010
      We need a multitalented copy editor/designer for our excellent midsize daily. We're looking for an innovative candidate with keen news judgment who can edit stories, write headlines and cutlines and design and paginate attractive news and feature pages on deadline. The successful candidate also will help with our website.

      At least two years copy editing experience and a bachelorĀ¹s degree in journalism are preferred. Good organizational and time management skills are a must. Must be able to work proactively with reporters, editors and other departments to produce top-quality work. Should be adept with pagination software; familiarity with Quark Xpress and knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator a plus.

      We are an award-winning member of the McClatchy Co. in an Eastern Washington community with one of the nation's fastest-growing economies. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diverse candidates. Send cover letter, resume and list of references to Allison Stormo, Tri-City Herald, 333 W. Canal Drive, Kennewick, WA 99336, or astormo@....