Copy editor, TheInfoPro, New York
- TheInfoPro, an information technology (IT) advisory and research company based in Midtown Manhattan, is looking to hire a copy editor. This position is full-time while the managing editor is on maternity leave, with a possibility of continued employment afterward. This is a great opportunity for an experienced copy editor who is interested in IT but does not have a technology background. The start date for this position will be in early June, and typical hours will be Monday through Friday, 9 to 5 (or close to it).
- Prepare, edit and fact-check reports, charts/graphs and other materials to be used in company publications
- Ensure integrity and quality of the research products through fact-checking and following the company's style guide
- Review and proofread interview transcripts
- Using PowerPoint, assemble and format reports based on these interviews
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-3 years (or equivalent) of demonstrated copy-editing experience, preferably with Associated Press (AP) or Chicago style
- Ability to follow instructions and work efficiently under deadline
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word is necessary
- Experience with PowerPoint and desktop publishing software is a plus
- Must be able to commute to Midtown Manhattan daily
Please send your resume, cover letter and wage requirements to Emily Deyring, managing editor, to be considered for this position: edeyring@.... Applicants who are contacted for an interview will be asked to take a brief editing test.