Copy editor, Virgin Islands Daily News

  • Daniel
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2010
      The Virgin Islands Daily News needs a copy editor who is an expert at precision editing. The person awarded this position will be a key player on our Copy Desk, which edits news, features and sports stories for accuracy and consistency of facts, grammar, punctuation, spelling and style.

      The copy editor we hire must be highly proficient at writing clear, accurate and engaging headlines without using puns and must be capable of laying out and paginating well-organized and visually compelling pages. The job requires unwavering attention to detail and the ability to work to the highest standards of the profession while under intense deadline pressure.

      Applicants must have experience as a copy editor for a print newspaper; experience limited to a magazine, website, blog or any publication other than a daily newspaper is not adequate. The salary range is $32,000 and higher based on expertise, education and experience.

      The Virgin Islands Daily News is the leading daily newspaper of record in the U.S. and British Virgin Islands. We have a proud history of award-winning journalism, including the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service. Along with numerous other honors, our staff has been honored with the national Associated Press Managing Editors Public Service Award for the last three years and citations from Investigative Reporters and Editors, the national Society of Professional Journalists and the American Bar Association.

      To apply, please e-mail PDFs of a cover letter, resume and newspaper pages clearly marked to indicate stories you have edited, headlines you have written and pages you have designed and laid out. Address your application to Executive Editor J. Lowe Davis at jobapps@....

      PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE
      OR CONTACT ACES WITH YOUR APPLICATION
      OR WITH QUESTIONS FOR A PARTICULAR
      JOB POSTING -- INSTEAD, YOU SHOULD