Junior Communications Editor, Westport, Conn.

    Message 1 of 1 , May 10 12:48 PM
      Bridgewater manages global investments for a wide array of institutional clients, including foreign governments and central banks, corporate and public pension funds, university endowments and charitable foundations. Bridgewater is a highly entrepreneurial company, driven to success by: its process, its people, and its culture. At Bridgewater, we have invented, and keep inventing, superior approaches to investing and technology. We have fueled this innovation by recruiting talented, creative people from all backgrounds and promoting an invigorating and collaborative work environment. We are committed to the constant pursuit of excellence, and the belief that a meritocracy of ideas, not hierarchies, drives decision-making. Bridgewater is based in Westport, Conn.

      RESEARCH DEPARTMENT:

      The Research Department develops the investment strategies that the Trading Department then implements within our client portfolios. Our approach is to create systems (i.e., investment rules) that will consistently beat the markets. Every day we then pull in the latest macro economic and market data, process it through our investment rules, to generate positions on each of the markets we trade. In developing our investment strategies, researchers work directly with the firm's Chief Investment Officers (CIOs) to understand the most pressing market problems, developing a comprehensive of view of what is going on in global markets.

      POSITION OVERVIEW:

      The Junior Communications Editor plays a primary role for ensuring excellent communications of Bridgewater's views of markets and economies to clients primarily through the Daily Observations, Bridgewater's flagship thought leadership publication (referred to as "the Wire"). To that end, the Junior Communications Editor is responsible for:

      -providing a variety of editorial services (copy-editing, proofing, rewriting) for investment writers

      -providing editorial support for other client communications (memos, market commentaries, annual report)

      -opportunity to take on increasing responsibility for rewriting and drafting of text

      POSITION REQUIREMENTS:

      Bridgewater seeks exceptionally qualified candidates for the Junior Communications Editor role. The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:

      -3 to 7 years of copy editing experience and/or investment writing for financial newspapers, investment publications or institutional asset managers. Business and financial journalists with experience covering the capital markets will also be considered.

      -Knowledge of and interest in global economies and capital markets. Understanding of investment terms and concepts.

      -Demonstrated ability to build relationships with investment professionals and respect their unique voices and writing styles.

      -Diligent professional with a keen editorial eye, operational flexibility and the ability to adapt to an often fast-paced and changing environment.

      We seek diversified educational backgrounds for our team and therefore encourage applicants from all academic disciplines to apply. We believe in hiring talented people and investing in their development.

      Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Affirmative Action - Equal Opportunity Employer.

      Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.

      Find this job at http://www.bwater.com/home/careers.aspx

      PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS
      MESSAGE OR CONTACT ACES WITH
      YOUR APPLICATION OR WITH QUESTIONS