Copy editor/page designer, Quincy Herald-Whig, Illinois

  • Daniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2010
      The Quincy Herald-Whig, a 22,000-circulation daily newspaper in West-Central Illinois, is seeking a copy editor/page designer.

      We¹re looking for someone who enjoys the challenge of taking a role in all operations on the copy desk ‹ from daily page design to editing local copy to working with copy on the Web. Good editing and headline writing skills are a must; 1A page design experience is recommended.

      Quincy is a town of just over 40,000 on the banks of the Mississippi River in West-Central Illinois, about two hours north of St. Louis.

      The Herald-Whig is an afternoon newspaper Monday through Friday and publishes morning editions Saturday and Sunday. Our copy desk works day shifts weekdays and rotates night shifts on Fridays and Saturdays.

      The newspaper is family owned, offers a 401(k), a flex plan and health, dental, life and disability insurance. The Herald-Whig is an equal opportunity employer.

      Send a cover letter, resume and clips to: Gerri Berendzen, copy desk chief, Quincy Herald-Whig, 130 S. Fifth, Quincy, Ill. 62301; e-mail, gberendzen@...; fax (217) 221-3395; or call (217) 221-3371.