Copy editor, Peninsula Daily News, Port Angeles, Wash.

  • Daniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15 7:07 PM
      The Peninsula Daily News, a six-day morning newspaper serving the beautiful North Olympic Peninsula of Washington, has an opening on its copy desk in Port Angeles. The successful candidate must have creative layout/pagination skills, good grammar and syntax skills, be AP style-savvy, know current events, write accurate and catchy headlines and possess InDesign knowledge (we have a state-of-the-art Macintosh-based computer system). Professional newspaper experience helpful; will consider a top-drawer entry-level candidate from a weekly newspaper looking to move up to a daily. Shift is p.m. Saturdays through Wednesdays.

      Port Angeles, gateway to Olympic National Park and Victoria, British Columbia, gets half the rainfall of Seattle yet is close enough to enjoy Seattle as well as our rain forests, great fishing and other outdoors activities and pleasant lifestyle. The locally owned, six-day Peninsula Daily News (17,000 daily; 18,000 Sunday) publishes two zoned a.m. editions in Clallam and Jefferson counties. Pay commensurate with experience; full benefits package includes medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), paid vacation with immediate eligibility and sick pay.

      Finalists will be invited to a paid tryout with accommodations also paid; because of this, we must give preference to candidates from the Northwest and West Coast.

      Please send cover letter and resume with at least three professional references to Executive Editor Rex Wilson at rex.wilson@.... Questions? Call Rex between 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. PST at (360) 417-3530.