Copy editor/designer, Lincoln Journal Star, Nebraska

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2010
      The Lincoln Journal Star is seeking a full-time copy editor/designer to work on our news and online copy desks. Applicants must have two or more years of daily newspaper experience and be a skilled editor, headline writer and page designer. We want an editor who can be proactive and have the initiative to help make stories and presentation better. Experience in editing and posting content online is helpful. The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor's degree in journalism and be skilled with the following applications: Quark Xpress/CopyDesk, Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge of Flash could be beneficial but not required. Shifts are mostly afternoons/evenings with regular weekend shifts.

      The Lincoln Journal Star offers exciting career opportunities and competitive salary. This position is a full-time career opportunity offering a highly competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan and paid time off.

      To learn more about our company or to apply, please log onto www.journalstar.com and click on 'Jobs' and then 'Work at the Journal Star' for a listing of our open positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with salary history. Please e-mail work samples to jjohnson@... or via mail to Jim Johnson, News Editor, 926 P Street Lincoln, NE 68508. Design samples sent via e-mail must not exceed a total of 10MB. If the total exceeds 10MB, try sending in smaller batches or put them on a CD and send via regular mail. The deadline to receive your material is Friday, March 12, 2010. Candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted by phone.

      We are a drug-free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check prior to commencing employment.

      PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE
      OR CONTACT ACES WITH YOUR APPLICATION
      OR WITH QUESTIONS FOR A PARTICULAR
      JOB POSTING -- INSTEAD, YOU SHOULD