Part-time night copy editor, The Chronicle of Higher Education, Washington

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2010
      With its forthcoming global Web edition, The Chronicle of Higher Education seeks a night copy editor with a minimum of five years' copy-editing experience to join our hard-working team.

      This 20- to 25-hour per week copy editor will work closely with other editors and reporters to produce well-written, must-read international and domestic online editions five days a week, along with a two-section weekly print publication and several blogs.

      We want a copy editor with an excellent ear for grammar, style, rhythm, and voice, who also knows how to smooth copy, write inviting heads, and make news judgments about developments at colleges in the United States and around the world. The right candidate will be an enthusiastic professional who values accuracy, understands the difficulties of reporters' work, and has a genuinely global perspective.

      This is a night job in our Washington, D.C., office, with pay commensurate with experience, and health insurance. A second language, particularly Spanish, Mandarin, or Arabic; Web content-management skills; and knowledge of New York Times style are advantages.

      Please send a cover letter and résumé describing your copy-editing and international background to: copyeditorjob@....

      PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE
      OR CONTACT ACES WITH YOUR APPLICATION
      OR WITH QUESTIONS FOR A PARTICULAR