3414copy desk chief

  • markallence
    Jul 24, 2014
      The Quincy (Ill.) Herald-Whig, an award-winning seven-day newspaper, is seeking an experienced copy desk chief to oversee our six-person universal desk.
      Qualities of an ideal candidate include strong editing and page design ability, proven supervisory experience, technological skills and a known leader who fosters the teamwork necessary to consistently produce high-quality journalism.
      Preferred qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field; 10 or more years experience as a reporter, editor and/or supervisor; and demonstrated mastery of language arts and newspaper style. Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and related programs desirable.
      The Herald-Whig is part of a growing, family-owned-and-operated company dedicated to the communities it serves. The newspaper staff won 41 awards this year and our circulation is growing.
      Quincy is a beautiful, affordable community of 40,000 on the banks of the Mississippi River in West-Central Illinois. Our coverage area consists of West-Central Illinois, Northeast Missouri and Southeast Iowa. Quincy is a two-hour drive from Peoria and Springfield in Illinois, St. Louis and Columbia in Missouri, and Iowa City, Iowa.
      The Herald-Whig offers a comprehensive employee benefits package with everything you expect and more. The Herald-Whig is an equal opportunity employer.

      To apply, send a resume, references and samples of your work by mail to Christina Wilson/Human Resources, The Quincy Herald-Whig, P.O. Box 909, Quincy, IL 62306, or by email to cbwilson@.... You may learn more about The Herald-Whig at www.whig.com and about Quincy Newspapers Inc., our parent company, at www.careersatQuincy.com.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic