- Feb 15, 2014
PROOFREADER/ QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST
Wilen New York has an opening for a Proofreader on our staff. If you live and breathe grammatical accuracy and find every incorrect word in your mail, articles and online, then you are the perfectionist we need. We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented proofreader who will be responsible for the accuracy of the marketing materials that promote our clients’ products and services.
- Experience in proofreading variable content from print, PDF, matrix tables and data tables.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work efficiently within strict production schedule deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or a related discipline.
Responsibilities Include Ensuring:
- Accurate spelling, grammar, punctuation, point size, text style, spacing and formatting.
- Client revisions have been applied.
- Style and branding guidelines are adhered to.
- All necessary information and legal disclaimers are present and correct.
- All variable information is present and correct, including codes, phone numbers, offers, pricing, offer disclaimers and expiration dates.
- Acquiring and maintaining knowledge of our clients’ ever-changing communication standards and styles to best uphold product integrity.
- Developing effective working relationships with, and readily taking direction from, creative and production team members.
- Utilizing multiple information resources to verify accuracy of information.
Bonus Skills (not required but a plus):
- Knowledge of proofreaders’ marks.
- Experience with Mac platform.
- Experience with GMC PrintNet T program.
- Ability to proofread in Spanish.
This is a full-time opening. Work hours are 10:00am – 6:30pm. (Please specify if you are interested in part-time or per-diem work, as this does become available at times.) If you meet the qualifications for this position, please apply with your résumé, cover letter and hourly rate to careers@....
Important Notes: Please read prior to applying.
- This is an on-site position; we are not looking for work-from-home candidates.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered.
- Qualified applicants will be given a sample project to assess proofreading skills.
- Sorry, but cover letters or résumés that are received with typographical errors will not be considered for this position.
Don't call us an ad agency. Or a direct mail firm, or a printer or a web shop. Because we're all of those things and a whole lot more. At Wilen, we've got over 40 years of experience defying expectations and setting the bar high for innovation. So what makes us so different? Unlike just about any other agency, we work as a single team, from initial concepts to creative to production to delivery—a seamless process that lets us identify strategic advantages every step of the way. Whether it's direct mail, digital, print, television or radio, we deliver results.
Our great ideas come from everywhere. That's why Wilen is committed to employing a diverse pool of ambitious individuals. Because we work across multiple industries, our team is comprised of a lethal squad of specialists who eat, sleep and breathe strategy, creative, data and measurement. We would love to hear your story and learn how your unique skills and talents can enhance our growing company.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>