3285Arkansas Democrat-Gazette copy editor

    Mar 22 2:37 PM
      The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette in Little Rock, the 25th-largest daily newspaper in the U.S., is looking for an entry-level news copy editor. Our newsroom puts emphasis on copy editing and headline-writing, affording its editors the opportunity to hone their skills in both.

      The successful candidate for this position, which is on our night copy desk, should have a bachelor's degree in journalism or related field, and at least one year of daily newspaper experience, which can include internships. This position requires knowledge of grammar, punctuation, Associated Press style and libel law.

      Any applicant called in for an interview should expect to take and pass a copy-editing test. Applicants also are required to take a drug test.

      Competitive salary is based on experience. Resumes, including a list of job references and examples of headlines and editing, should be directed to: Sandra Tyler, news editor, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, P.O. Box 2221, Little Rock, AR 72203 or styler@.... Phone: (501) 378-3886.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic