3233Curator, Syracuse, NY

    Nov 8, 2012
      This position gives you the opportunity to showcase your creativity and ideas in an initiative on the cutting edge of daily journalism. We are looking for professionals who can bring a fresh approach as we explore how to shape printed newspapers in the digital age. You will join a team of Curators, Page Designers and Page Producers to create and deliver a top-quality experience for readers of our newspapers and magazines. Pivotal to your success will be your ability to collaborate with stakeholders from other areas of the organization.

      We are proud to say that The Post-Standard is one of America's best-read newspapers – consistently in the top five for readership. We are building on a strong foundation. Our new company is nimble and innovative, with an energetic culture and state-of-the-art tools. You'll help pave the way, and your talents, determination, and drive will be the keys to your success.

      To be a good fit as a curator you will have:
      A bachelor's degree in Journalism, English or a related field, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
      Three or more years of solid newsroom experience
      Strong writing and copy editing skills
      A demonstrated ability to package news
      Demonstrated news judgment that aligns with the direction set by senior management
      A working knowledge of:
      Online social networks (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter), blogs, wikis, and emerging communications technologies
      Newspapers and other forms of print media
      Click the "Apply" button for further details...
      Syracuse Media Group is a digitally focused news and information company serving Central New York. Beginning Feb. 1, 2013, Syracuse Media Group will publish and operate an extensive portfolio of digital and print products featuring comprehensive in-depth content from Central New York's largest news organization. Syracuse Media Group's flagship brands are syracuse.com, the leading website in the region and The Post-Standard newspaper which has served the community since 1829.

      Syracuse Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.

      Syracuse Media Group endeavors to make syracuse.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact thawkins@....

      IMPORTANT: HOW TO APPLY

      We want you to be as selective as we are! For a detailed "Insider's View" of this position and to submit your resume, please visit the following URL:

      http://syracuse.jobinfo.com/description.php?jid=9906840&adid=58472

      If the link does not work, simply copy the complete URL and paste it into your browser's address line.

      PLEASE RESPECT OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS. DO NOT USE ANY OTHER METHOD TO APPLY OR CLICK ANY OTHER BUTTONS. Thank you for your attention to this detail.

      --
      Jessica Nettleton
      Media Strategist | Decision Toolbox

      www.dtoolbox.com