3182Copy editors, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Little Rock

    Aug 21, 2012
      Do you love editing and writing headlines for a variety of stories, from fast-breaking local news to detailed accounts of international events? Are you searching for a job at a newspaper that puts a premium on its print product?

      The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette in Little Rock, the 25th-largest daily newspaper in the U.S., is looking for news copy editors. In our newsroom, copy editors can concentrate on honing their editing and headline-writing skills. Copy editors also help on the wire desk, which builds stories using articles from different services. Our daily newshole has enviable space for international, national and local news.

      The successful candidate for this position on our night news copy desk should have a bachelor's degree in journalism or related field and at least two years of daily newspaper experience. Internship experience also is considered. He or she must know grammar, Associated Press style, punctuation and libel, and, of course, have a portfolio full of accurate, lively headlines. Leadership and/or wire-editing experience are pluses.

      Each applicant brought in for an interview will take a copy-editing test and have an editing and headline-writing tryout.

      Competitive salary is based on experience. Resumes, including a list of job references and examples of headlines and editing should be directed to: Sandra Tyler, news editor, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, P.O. Box 2221, Little Rock, AR 72203 or styler@.... Phone: (501) 378-3886.