3164Temporary Managing Editor, Powell's Books, Portland, Ore.

    Jul 6, 2012
      Powell's Books, the nation's top independent bookseller, is looking for a temporary Managing Editor for a three month assignment.

      The Managing Editor oversees and manages the company's outbound and onsite content, including managing the editorial voice and quality standard for all company communications, including Powells.com, newsletters, promotions, and print media.

      The position is responsible for ensuring the maintenance of editorial and quality guidelines for copy, layout, and information flow, identifying necessary improvements as needed.

      A minimum of two years of experience with demonstrated editing, proofreading, and fact-checking skills, and proficiency in MS Office suite, software and languages (HTML & WordPress) required.

      The wage range for this position begins at $21.65 per hour, with adjustments depending on experience. We also offer a generous merchandise discount.

      Click http://tbe.taleo.net/NA7/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=POWELLS&cws=1&rid=154 or go to www.powells.com and click on Employment to view the full job description and apply for this position through our careers website.

      The closing date for this position is Monday, July 16, 2012.