3100News copy editor, The Citizens’ Voice, Wilkes-Barre, Pa.

    Jan 25, 2012
      The Citizens’ Voice, Wilkes-Barre, Pa., has an immediate opening for a copy editor on the news desk.

      The Society of Professional Journalists recently honored The Citizens' Voice as the "Best Overall Daily Newspaper" in Pennsylvania. We are committed to high-end enterprise and investigative journalism and are looking for a copy editor with proven skills at challenging stories for accuracy, clarity, libel, fairness, balance, organization, grammar and style while also producing clean, well-organized pages on a tight deadline.

      The ideal candidate will have a proven background in Journalism and a genuine interest in all facets of news. Knowledge of AP style, proper English grammar and page design is a must. Candidates with a working understanding of Adobe InCopy and InDesign will be considered first. This is a deadline position on the night desk so candidates must have the ability to perform under daily deadline pressure and thrive in a busy newsroom atmosphere.

      We’re also looking for a copy editor who understands the basics and importance of the Web in breaking news. This includes an understanding of interactive technologies, and a knowledge of, or willingness to work with online and multimedia (including audio and video).

      Interested candidates should send a letter, resume and work samples to Larry Holeva, Managing Editor, The Citizens’ Voice, 75 N. Washington St., Wilkes-Barre, Pa. 18711 or e-mail lholeva@....