3069Wire Copy Editor, Gannett Design Studio, Nashville

    Oct 26, 2011
      Are you looking for a job … or are you looking for a career? If it's the former, check the classifieds; if it's the latter, we may be looking for you.

      We have openings for Wire Editors in a non-traditional work environment. We are not your typical newsroom. Rather, we are the future of journalism where professionals work and grow in a collaborative and nurturing environment.

      We are Gannett's Nashville Design Studio, located in Music City U.S.A.

      We have extraordinary award-winning designers and top-of-the-line editors working together to produce daily and weekly newspapers in five southeastern states: Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Virginia and Florida.

      Interested?

      We currently are seeking Wire Copy Editors. You must have a minimum of five years' experience, preferably in a daily newspaper environment. You will be working with a number of other wire editors and must be team-oriented and a team player. Hours are flexible but will most likely be evenings as well as weekends.

      Skills required:

      *Proficiency in AP style and be able to pick up on the different styles of as many as 12 individual newspapers;

      *Must be able to edit, write headlines and move copy quickly;

      *Writing strong headlines a must;

      *Should be able to select the best photos to go with stories;

      *Easily edit and trim stories for newspaper markets other than the ones they are working out of;

      *Edit and write headlines for news, sports, features, business as well as general stories;

      *Must have excellent communication and organizational skills as well as flexibility;

      *Must be team-oriented and work well with other wire editors, designers and news editors from other newspapers throughout the Southeast U.S.

      If you feel you meet these requirements and want to join our team, please contact Operations Manager Steve Kramer at 615-881-7603 or send a resume and any other information you feel is pertinent to skramer@....
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic