2975Copy Editor, Martha Stewart Living

    Mar 2, 2011
      Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia seeks a Copy Editor to work with the editorial team to proofread, copyedit, route stories, and close pages for the print and digital editions of Martha Stewart Living magazine. We’re looking for a detail-oriented wordsmith who will thrive in our creative environment.

      Responsibilities:
      Read all content for grammatical, spelling, and typographic errors with accuracy and speed. Edit for style consistency with care. Edit for logic and sense with judiciousness. Shepherd individual stories through editorial proofing process, ensuring that all changes are input correctly. Work with story and research editors and art and production departments to resolve any problems that arise. Work with AME to ensure timely closes.

      Requirements:
      Candidates should have five years’ experience as a copy editor, preferably with a major publication. Must have strong written and oral communication skills, an eye for detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Knowledge of Adobe InDesign/InCopy is essential. Familiarity with digital platforms (particularly the iPad) is a plus, as is an interest in food, decorating, crafts, or gardening. An edit test will be given. Please submit a résumé that includes salary requirements as well as salary history.

      Apply here:

      https://careers.mslo.com/Pages/JobDescription.aspx?postid=167