2974Page Designer, Editing Center, Media General, Richmond, Va.

    Mar 2, 2011
      Media General’s Consolidated Editing Center (CEC) in Richmond, Virginia, has an opening for a versatile, deadline-oriented page designer. Richmond, the capital of Virginia, is a growing region that is near the beach, the mountains and the nation's capital, and our work is growing, too. Our innovative new center has a broad footprint - with branches in Richmond and Tampa, Fla., we handle page design and editing for MG's three metro dailies: the Richmond Times-Dispatch, The Tampa Tribune and Winston-Salem Journal. We are seeking a team player who can create intelligent, smartly designed news and feature pages. You need to be a strong communicator who can balance overlapping assignments and deadlines, and experience with the CCI system is a plus. Several years of newspaper design experience is preferred, but less will be accepted if you have excellent skills.

      Apply by March 23, 2011. Go to http://jobs.mediageneral.com, and select job ID # RNI-001157 from the pull-down menu. First-time users will be asked to register (just to select a username and password); you can use the resume-upload feature to attach to your online application a single file that has BOTH your resume and cover letter. (EOE M/F/D/V drug test and background check required; e-Verify is used upon hire to confirm eligibility for employment in the U.S.)