2859Copy editor, The Daily Chronicle, DeKalb, Ill.

  • acesjobseditor
    Jul 21, 2010
      The Daily Chronicle in DeKalb, Ill., is looking for a copy editor who understands that copy editing now includes print and web responsibilities.

      We are a 9,000-circulation, six-day-a-week newspaper located just over an hour outside of Chicago, but we have the ambition and drive of a bigger suburban daily.

      We expect our copy editors to: make stories better by identifying structural or factual errors in copy, write headlines that engage the reader, design clean and easy-to-navigate pages, and possess solid news judgment for print and the web.

      Candidates must have a thorough understanding of AP style, be willing to work nights and weekends, and demonstrate the ability to excel on deadline. Previous InDesign experience is a plus.

      The Daily Chronicle is a part of Shaw Suburban Media.

      Applicants should send a résumé, cover letter, three design samples and three examples of sound copy editing to:

      Human Resources Daily Chronicle Attn: Copy editor 1586 Barber Greene Road, DeKalb, IL 60115

      Or e-mail: Recruitment@...

      Shaw Suburban Media is a Drug Free Employer. This posting may not include all duties of the position. EOE.

      PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS
      MESSAGE OR CONTACT ACES WITH
      YOUR APPLICATION OR WITH QUESTIONS
      FOR A PARTICULAR JOB POSTING --