Observingg Sessions

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2009
      I have a question,
      We all have done it, ya know Hot choclate,, coffee etc, for all
      night sessions, but what is the thoughts on Energy drinks? good,,
      Bad?/ otherwise?

      Joe
    • Charlie Warren
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 14, 2009
        Joe
        I admit I have not tried the energy drinks, but suspect they would be a
        variant of the same with a good dose of sugar and caffeine. Lately (may be a
        sign of age), I have been resorting to hot soup and also carb snacks. These
        help me avoid the jitters, and the refueling seems to help keep up energy. I
        also routinely take a walk around the field every hour or so, which gets the
        blood moving again, which is also important to keep vision acute.

        Regards,

        Charlie Warren
        Editor - Amateur Astronomy Magazine
        editor@...
        http://www.amateurastronomy.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 14, 2009
          One Energy drink is fine....but I wouldn't drink those back to back! It's become quite a dangerous epidemic in Britain. Apparently people there are drinking the stuff like water.

          I strongly suggest you read the ingrediants before going through a case of that stuff. Some drinks are full of vitamins that are good for you but can have the opposite effect in quantity.

          I like Charlie's method...

          Paul Greenhalgh D.S.W
          Fraser Valley Astronomers Soc. (Pres)
          Merritt Astronomical Soc. (Utilities Director)
          http://www.fvas.net
          http://www.merrittastronomical.com

          Universe Today
          http://www.universetoday.com/