observing

  • Brenda Culbertson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2008
      Hi all!

      Just came in from a small gathering of astro-friends who came to my
      house for some casual observing. After weeks of rain, clouds, flooding,
      etc... we have clear, crisp skies. WOW! Many of my friends who came out
      tonight are from the city, so when they saw the Milky Way rise, they
      were so amazed. Some of them couldn't find their way around the night
      sky because there were "too many stars!" That was funny and sad at the
      same time. Anyway, it is almost 3 a.m. where I am, and I just wanted to
      tel you all know that astronomy is alive and well in Kansas, U.S.A. And
      my C-8 is working wonderfully, as old as it is. I'm a bit rusty, but the
      scope is working great.

      BC
    • Joe
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 29, 2008
        Brenda,

        whyare you famikliar to me here? I know I have known you from
        someplace,, hmmm

        I'm Joe From Wisconsin. if that may ring a bell at your end.

        Joe

        Brenda Culbertson wrote:

        >Hi all!
        >
        >Just came in from a small gathering of astro-friends who came to my
        >house for some casual observing. After weeks of rain, clouds, flooding,
        >etc... we have clear, crisp skies. WOW! Many of my friends who came out
        >tonight are from the city, so when they saw the Milky Way rise, they
        >were so amazed. Some of them couldn't find their way around the night
        >sky because there were "too many stars!" That was funny and sad at the
        >same time. Anyway, it is almost 3 a.m. where I am, and I just wanted to
        >tel you all know that astronomy is alive and well in Kansas, U.S.A. And
        >my C-8 is working wonderfully, as old as it is. I'm a bit rusty, but the
        >scope is working great.
        >
        >BC

      • Manoj Pai
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 29, 2008
          Hello Joe,  good to have you on this list. Brenda has been on the list for a very long time, eight year perhaps.

          Hello Brenda, we are not blessed with clear skies in these areas. Been cloudy for over a fortnight. I am glad that you folks had a pleasant observation.

          Waiting to hear from the rest of the gang.

          Manoj

          From: Joe nss@...

          .

        • Joe
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 29, 2008
            That may be, but for some reason I'm thinking of her in a different
            way, just do not know what it is.
            Joe