Partial Eclipse

  • eflaspo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2001
      Hello Everyone:

      It is clear here in Dallas, TX, so I took my Meade 2045 out into the front
      yard, which has a better tree line, threw on the solar filter, and shot a few
      pix. They are at Eckerds right now getting developed, and I will scan them
      and have some on the web tonight. It is not quite over yet. (4:30) About 35%
      maximum eclipse here is what the radio said. I decided to accept that. It
      also said that maximum eclipse was about 3:55 local time (CST). That seems to
      agree with my book.

      According to my RASC 2001 Handbook, this was an annular eclipse, and you
      could have observed totality in San Jose, Costa Rica.

      Ed Flaspoehler, President
      American Association of Amateur Astronomers
      http://www.astromax.com