Re: astroclubs Digest Number 44

  • Astrofx@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 11, 2001
      Tony
      A light just went on. You know, I've got an HP 6300c and I think it may have
      come with some type of attachment. I need to rumage through some boxes.
      Thanks, Charlie.

    • eflaspo@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 11, 2001
        In a message dated 12/10/01 9:49:37 AM Central Standard Time,
        stargazr@... writes:

        > Seems like I remember Ed mentioning something, but I could be
        > > mistaken.

        Charlie:

        I use an HP PhotoSmart scanner to scan negatives, slides, and prints. When I
        bought it a few years ago, it was about $450. I do not know what the price is
        now, but it works great.

        I also have an HP flatbed scanner that I bought in the early 90's when I was
        still working on the REFLECTOR. It still does a fine job.

        Ed

      • Astrofx@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 12, 2001
          Thanks Ed
          I have an HP 6300C flatbed, which does well, but the slide attachement (I did
          manage do dig it up) is not very sophisticated. I did locate a nice film
          scanner on the web for $189. The Pacific Image Primefilm scans negatives with
          a 1800dpi resaolution. Not bad at all for under $200. Thats 2551 x 1700,
          about the same res as a 4 megapixel camera.
          Charlie.

        • eflaspo@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 12, 2001
            In a message dated 12/12/01 7:06:40 AM Central Standard Time, Astrofx@...
            writes:

            > I have an HP 6300C flatbed, which does well, but the slide attachement (I
            > did
            > manage do dig it up) is not very sophisticated. I did locate a nice film
            > scanner on the web for $189. The Pacific Image Primefilm scans negatives
            > with
            > a 1800dpi resaolution. Not bad at all for under $200. Thats 2551 x 1700,
            > about the same res as a 4 megapixel camera.

            Sounds like a good deal to me. When the HP PhotoSmart came out, there were no
            other options. Now there are quite a few.

            Ed