Saw 7 Saturian moons last night

  • Beverly Whiting
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2001
      Last night (2 Hr UT Dec 8) at our observing site we saw 7 moons of
      Saturn thru the 24 inch DOB.
      I can identify Titan, and pretty much Rhea, Dione, Tethys, and Enceladus
      from the
      S & T Dec. charts, but what were those other 2, just barely visible with
      averted
      vision, probably bordering on 16th magnitude, in close to the rings???
      Any idea's
      anyone? (Mimas and Iapetus)???

      [Also, did anyone else see the great ISS passover last night thru a
      scope?]
      Fantastic view for N.Eastern US observers around 6 pm EST at nearly -4 mag.
      You could actually see the shuttle docked to the ISS. thru a scope, plus
      the
      solar panels.

      Clear Skies,
      Tom Whiting