Re: [ABANA_Affiliate_Newsletter_Editors] Advertising

  • Frederick Mikkelsen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2008
      The New England Blacksmiths
      (conservative bunch that we are)
      only publish free classified adds for members or members who head
      Blacksmithing schools.
      Fred Mikkelsen, NEB Editor

      At 09:11 PM 5/31/2008, you wrote:

      >Do any of you charge for advertising in your newsletters? What sort
      >of rates do you charge if you do?
      >
      >Thanks. Barry Myers, PSABG

      Fred Mikkelsen
    • Jim Guy
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008

        We do not charge for ads for members, but do not post ads for non members unless our affiliate has benefited from that business (which is usually things such as member discounts, items donated for “iron in the hat”, etc. )

        Our written advertising policy is:

        “Advertising is provided as a free service for active guild

        members and companies that materially support the guild.

        All ads must be related to blacksmithing.”

        Jim Guy

        Editor, Alex Bealer Blacksmith Association.