civil war era forge wagon

  • ANVILWORK@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2008
      One of our members is looking for information regarding a Civil War era blacksmith wagon with forge, bellows, etc. used by either the Union or Confederate army.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

      Thanks

      Dave Allen
      Newsletter Editor
      Appalachian Blacksmiths Association
      www.appaltree.net/aba

    • IForgeIron
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2008
        Dave
        IForgeiron.com has how-to tutorials called blueprints. IForgeIron.com
        > Blueprints > BP0511 Forge Carte is a tutorial on making a forgecart
        to take to 1812 re-enactments of the War of 1812. I am sure this would
        answer your members question. There are also specific tutorials on
        making the bellows, the fire pot, etc

        There are over 600 of the how-to tutorials on IForgeIron. The first
        200 tutorials are available to the public. Tutorials 200 + are
        available to the IForgeIron members but registration is quick and
        free.
        Site Admin, IForgeIron
        http://www.iforgeiron.com

        On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 12:25 PM, <ANVILWORK@...> wrote:

        > One of our members is looking for information regarding a Civil War era
        > blacksmith wagon with forge, bellows, etc. used by either the Union or
        > Confederate army. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Dave Allen
        > Newsletter Editor
        > Appalachian Blacksmiths Association
        > www.appaltree.net/aba

      • hammerguy1234
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 6, 2008
          From: brian gilbert <hammerguy@...>
          Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 05:52:56 -0800
          To: No Reply
          <notify-dg-ABANA_Affiliate_Newsletter_Editors@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: Re: Forge cart

          Dave:

          The original is in a museum not too far from here, at the Chickamauga
          battlefield. One of our ex-members built a copy, but sold it years
          ago. I don't remember who it was, but tonight is meeting night so I'll
          ask around and get back to you... I might be able to get a magazine
          article out of it.

          Best
          BG

          --