466Re: [ABANA_Affiliate_Newsletter_Editors] Tidewater Blacksmiths Guild- New Editor [1 Attachment]

  • Steve White
    Jan 16, 2014
      Scott,

      It looks great! I hope you enjoy your time as editor. I used many, many articles from other newsletters. When something good comes to you in the mail I see it as a crime NOT to use it. I have seen more than one editor falter trying to use only new content and they fill their pages with repeated notices of upcoming meetings etc. made LARGE. Don't fall into this trap. Make any changes you like to the format you have inherited slowly. Make it your own. I also tried to include in every issue at least one simple project that even our newest members could try and do. Many of those items came from other newsletters. I kept a file (OK, a box) of clippings from other newsletters and could select from many according to size or content to help me fill out an issue. Good Luck!

      Steve White
      Skunk River Forge
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic