464Re: [ABANA_Affiliate_Newsletter_Editors] Tidewater Blacksmiths Guild- New Editor [1 Attachment]

  • Bob Ehrenberger
    Jan 15, 2014
      Scott,

      Welcome to the group. It looks like you got a good start on it. It is fine
      to use articles from other newsletters as long as you give credit to the
      original publication.

      As far as getting help from your guild members you need to keep your eyes
      open and when you see someone make something you like don't be afraid to ask
      them for an article on it. Sometimes the best you can get is some
      progression pictures and stock sizes and you have to flesh it out. The BAM
      members are good to me and I have 3 or 4 guys that contribute on a regular
      basis, but it wasn't always that way, I had to coax the first couple
      articles out of them, the more they do it the more they like to help. If I
      can't make it to a meeting or a hammer-in, I ask for a volunteer to cover it
      for me. Sometimes all I get are pictures, but I can write an article if
      there are enough pictures. The previous editors are usually eager to help,
      they are just happy that they don't have to do the whole newsletter.

      Be willing to do it all and be happy when you get help.

      Robert Ehrenberger
      Shelbyville, Mo.
      bameditor@...
      573-633-2010