452Re: [ABANA_Affiliate_Newsletter_Editors] looking for Christmas plans [1 Attachment]

  • Eric Klaus
    Oct 13, 2013
      Thank you Frederick!  These are exactly the ones I was thinking of.  I actually found my copy of the snowflake this morning .... newsletter was tucked inside my "Blacksmith's Cookbook - Recipes in Iron" book.  Had not found my copy of the angel, yet, so thank you.  In my searching, also came across chisel cut and then forged angel and Christmas tree wall hooks.  Time to go light the forge, now.
      thanks,
      Eric

      On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Frederick Mikkelsen <fredmikkelsen@...> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from Frederick Mikkelsen included below]

      Eric and others,
      Here are 2 PDF files of the requested materials.
      I'll send 2 e-mails as the files may be too large for anyone with dial up.
      Fred Mikkelsen, NEB editor emeritus

      On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 12:18 AM, Eric Klaus <eric.klaus@...> wrote:

      Somewhere, I have two newsletters sitting together, because I put them together so I would know exactly where they were because they had plans in them I wanted to try for this Christmas ... I'm sure they are safe in that spot .... can't find the spot .....

      I'm looking for two different plans that I saw in newsletters within the last year or two.

      1.  Christmas angel ornament ... I think it was 1/4 x 1 stock, fuller down teh neck, chisel cut the wings, then thin/spread wings and robe with hammer.

      2.  3-D christmas snowflake ornament ... maybe 1/2" or 3/4" material, three band saw cuts from one direction, then three from other side @ 90 degrees .. similar idea to unfolding a fredrick's cross, but turns into a 3-D snow flake.

      If anyone has or knows where I can find these plans, or if they sound familiar at all, please let me know, I would sure appreciate it.  I'm sure my copies are safe and sound together on a shelf, right where I put them.

      Any other Christmas theme ideas floating around this year?

      Thanks,
      Eric Klaus

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic