Harry Potter:Rewriting the Past (Mare Cognitum)

  • asphodellynwormwood
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2012
      Just when you think you have life figured out and are settled into a
      comfortable routine, something happens that throws it all into question.

      What if everything Harry and friends believed they knew suddenly
      began to unravel? What if the world they built proved to have shaky
      foundations? What if history began to repeat itself? What if they could
      do some of it over? Can the wrongs of the past be made right? Or is it
      best to never tickle a sleeping dragon?

      If you'd like to play your original character or canon in a solid and
      well-crafted Next Gen Potter role-play, here's your chance! Have a
      character but no idea what to do with him/her? Join our game and see
      what your character can become.

      If you are interested in plotting the game and can help keep it
      moving, please contact me. This concept is eating away at me. I would
      dearly love to have writers interested in writing this premise.

      Mare Cognitum will be filled with surprising twists and turns as
      Harry Potter and friends face evil once again and learn that many
      long-held assumptions have evaporated while long accepted truths are
      proved false. It's not always easy to separate friend from foe. The
      game is still in the early stages, so now is a great time to join in!
      There is plenty of room for OCs and most canons are available, too. We
      would very much like to find a player for Scorpius Malfoy, James
      Sirius Potter, Ron Weasley, Neville Longbottom and Ginny Weasley
      Potter, Albus Severus Potter and a BRITISH character who would teach
      DADA for a couple of months (we'll fill you in on the main plot if
      you're interested).

      Mare Cognitum will be a very literate role-play and basic literacy is
      expected of all players, whether writing for canons or original
      characters. We seek to be a plot-driven game with solidly crafted
      characters. Mary Sues, Gary Stus and otherwise fantastical
      creature-characters are not accepted. All others will be welcomed with
      open arms.

      **We do ask that all prospective members actually read the premise
      and realise that the game is actually based on this premise. All was
      well...for awhile. It's not what it seems.**

      Rating: most posts are G-PG 13, but we accept up to R when it suits
      the plot

      contact: asphodellynwormwood@...