Re: Lagoon lodges by 'Beach-pocket beaver-otter-apes'

  • DDeden
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31 10:20 PM
      The remaining question therefore, is, what caused these small family lodge units to make small communities of separate nearby dwellings, (something beavers avoid)?

      An answer might be, a nice lagoon with a few small freshwater sources, trickling brooks or so, that could be easily dammed during the dry months, then washed out during the rainy season, allowing anadromous fish species (eels, salmon) transit and entrapment, and croc and shark prevention. Having lodges on both sides of the stream would be advantageous for both observation and repair. Lodges along the seashore would be slightly dispersed, to prevent overlap of harvesting, a brief walk along the flat wet sand to get some freshwater in a seashell would be a daily exercise and fits with beachcombing and wading when sun is not optimal for diving. This sounds very sapient, but could have been done much earlier as well, relying on natural damming at low tide and after the storm season.