Test Run

  • harries@cicy.cicy.mx
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 13, 1999
      Thanks for joining. My idea was that three of us would swap emails this way
      and if it seemed OK then go on to invite extra people. At that point I
      would like to hand over "ownership" of the list because I can't run it from
      my work address.

      To acknowledge this message you just have to hit the reply button, add any
      comments you want, and then send. It will automatically go to all (3)
      members of the list so you actually get a copy of your own message.

      If you want to generate a new message you simply address it to
      <AAT@onelist.com> and we all get it.

      A word of caution. If you want to reply to an individual and you do not
      wan't everyone to know be careful not to use the reply button. In other
      lists this has led to some amusement and embarassement.

      Let's give this a trial for a few days. There is no harm in inviting other
      people to join, in a small way, because the only address they will need to
      know is <AAT@onelist.com> and that doesn't change when I hand over the list
      to another "manager".

      Perhaps for a start, you simply contact people you know will be sympathetic
      and suggest they join in. You can tell them to use
      <http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/aat>.

      If we do decide to expand there are a number of web sites that advertise
      new lists.

      Regards

      Hugh
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 13, 1999
        >Thanks for joining. My idea was that three of us would swap emails this way
        and if it seemed OK then go on to invite extra people. At that point I would
        like to hand over "ownership" of the list because I can't run it from my
        work address.

        Hugh, what is the problem? What has the owner have to do? Don't go
        themessages automatically to the other members?

        >To acknowledge this message you just have to hit the reply button, add any
        comments you want, and then send. It will automatically go to all (3)
        members of the list so you actually get a copy of your own message.
        If you want to generate a new message you simply address it to
        <AAT@onelist.com> and we all get it. A word of caution. If you want
        to reply to an individual and you do not wan't everyone to know be careful
        not to use the reply button. In other lists this has led to some amusement
        and embarassement. Let's give this a trial for a few days. There is
        no harm in inviting other people to join, in a small way, because the only
        address they will need to know is <AAT@onelist.com> and that doesn't change
        when I hand over the list to another "manager". Perhaps for a start,
        you simply contact people you know will be sympathetic and suggest they join
        in. You can tell them to use <http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/aat>.
        If we do decide to expand there are a number of web sites that advertise new
        lists.

        Hugh, I sent a message to the AAT onelist, but I got a MAILER-DAEMON (see
        the message forwarded to you). I don't know what went wrong. I'll send it
        again to our onelist.

        Best wishes - Marc