SUPPORT YOUR SERVICES

  • dla32965
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2004
      In some AA communities in South Florida I am aware of "Support Your
      Services" Committees that have been established and are functioning
      in some districts. Not in my own, however, and I am trying to find
      out what these committees are all about. I can find nothing
      about "Support Your Services" on any of the non-AA websites I
      frequently visit. It does not appear that such committees are part
      of the general service structure as it is nowhere mentioned in the
      service manual. I would like to know if anyone has this information
      what objectives these disctrict "Support Your Services" committees
      are designed to meet, what criteria are generally in place to
      necessitate the establishment of such a committee, and what are it's
      traditional guidelines.
      Thank you.
      Darcie Alcott
    • J. Carey Thomas
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
        Darcie,
                District 9, Broward County, holds service "events" in Ft. Lauderdale which feature presentations by the various committees -- including the Central Office/Intergroup -- active in the District.  Perhaps this is what you have heard about.  I'm not sure there is a specific committee, per se, behind the efforts.
                Contact the District 8 folks at the next quarterly, July 11th in Miami Beach
                        In Love and Service,
                        _\|/_
                        (o  o)
        Archives Committtee, Area 15, District 8.
      • JoAnne
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 19, 2004