Seeking love keeps you from ...

  • dunno76
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2013
      LOVE QUOTE OF THE DAY

      Seeking love keeps you from the awareness that you already have it — that you are it. - Byron Katie (read more great quote by Byron Katie)

      Seeking love keeps you from the awareness that you already have it — that you are it.- Byron Katie (read more great quote by Byron Katie: http://lovequotes.symphonyoflove.net/category/b/byron-katie)Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/abhi_ryan/2252867966
      (Click image for the full picture)

      OTHER QUOTES & POSTS IN SYMPHONY OF LOVE

      1. If I choose to bless another person, I will always end up feeling more blessed. - Marianne Williamson (read more great quotes by Marianne Williamson)

      If I choose to bless another person, I will always end up feeling more blessed.- Marianne Williamson (read more great quotes by Marianne Williamson: http://lovequotes.symphonyoflove.net/category/m/marianne-williamson)Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/leighannkopans/5548809932
      (Click image for the full picture)

      2.
      You can change your world by changing your words … Remember, death and life are in the power of the tongue. - Joel Osteen (read more great quotes from Joel Osteen)

      You can change your world by changing your words … Remember, death and life are in the power of the tongue.- Joel Osteen (read more great quotes from Joel Osteen: http://lovequotes.symphonyoflove.net/category/j/joel-osteen)Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/aegishjalmur/2288932018

      (Click image for the full picture)

      3.
      Every moment is unique, unknown, completely fresh. - Pema Chodron (read more great quotes from Pema Chodron)

      Every moment is unique, unknown, completely fresh.- Pema Chodron (read more great quotes from Pema Chodron: http://lovequotes.symphonyoflove.net/category/p/pema-chodron)Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mckaysavage/497675443
      (Click image for the full picture)

      4.
      I can say I made a lot of mistakes, but I don't regret things. Because at least I didn't spend a life standing outside, wondering what living would be like. - Sarah Dessen (read more great quotes by Sarah Dessen)

      I can say I made a lot of mistakes, but I don't regret things. Because at least I didn't spend a life standing outside, wondering what living would be like.- Sarah Dessen (read more great quotes by Sarah Dessen: http://lovequotes.symphonyoflove.net/category/s/sarah-dessen)Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/newkidontheblock/5161062718
      (Click image for the full picture)

      5.
      Eventually all things fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moments, and know everything happens for a reason.  - Albert Schweitzer (read more great quotes by Albert Schweitzer)

       Eventually all things fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moments, and know everything happens for a reason.- Albert Schweitzer (read more great quotes by Albert Schweitzer: http://lovequotes.symphonyoflove.net/category/a/albert-schweitzer)Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/supersonicphotos/4441897296
       (Click image for the full picture)

      6. In my ninety-plus years, I have learned a secret ... Despite how difficult circumstances may look at the moment, those who have faith and move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out. - Gordon B. Hinckley (read more great quotes by Gordon B. Hinckley)

      In my ninety-plus years, I have learned a secret ... Despite how difficult circumstances may look at the moment, those who have faith and move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out.- Gordon B. Hinckley (read more great quotes by Gordon B. Hinckley: http://lovequotes.symphonyoflove.net/category/g/gordon-b-hinckley)Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chant3/2922367627
      (Click image for the full picture)

      7. Silence may be golden, but can you think of a better way to entertain someone than to listen to him? - Brigham Young (read more great quotes by
      Brigham Young)

      Silence may be golden, but can you think of a better way to entertain someone than to listen to him?- Brigham Young (read more great quotes by Brigham Young: http://lovequotes.symphonyoflove.net/category/b/brigham-young)Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonamel/2921069898
      (Click image for the full picture)

      8. I think of God as symbol for good – thinking good, identifying good in everybody and everything. This God I think of is not an abstraction, but a vitalizing, universal force, eternally present, and at all times available. - Amelia Mary Earhart (read more great quotes by
      Amelia Mary Earhart)

      I think of God as symbol for good – thinking good, identifying good in everybody and everything. This God I think of is not an abstraction, but a vitalizing, universal force, eternally present, and at all times available.- Amelia Mary Earhart (read more great quotes by Amelia Mary Earhart: http://lovequotes.symphonyoflove.net/category/a/amelia-mary-earhart)Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomsaint/3380719036
      (Click image for the full picture)

      9.
      Time is your most precious gift because you only have a set amount of it. You can make more money, but you can't make more time. When you give someone your time, you are giving them a portion of your life that you'll never get back. Your time is your life. That is why the greatest gift you can give someone is your time. It is not enough to just say relationships are important; we must prove it by investing time in them. Words alone are worthless. My children, our love should not be just words and talk; it must be true love, which shows itself in action. Relationships take time and effort, and the best way to spell love is "T-I-M-E." - Rick Warren (read more great quotes by Rick Warren)

      10.
      Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
      Life is beauty, admire it.
      Life is a dream, realize it.
      Life is a challenge, meet it.
      Life is a duty, complete it.
      Life is a game, play it.
      Life is a promise, fulfil it.
      Life is sorrow, overcome it.
      Life is a song, sing it.
      Life is a struggle, accept it.
      Life is a tragedy, confront it.
      Life is an adventure, dare it.
      Life is luck, make it.
      Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
      Life is life, fight for it.

      Mother Teresa (read more great quotes from Mother Teresa)

      11.
      To cultivate morality, one must cultivate the mind under all circumstances, and in all places. - Master Cheng Yen

      12.
      Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you've never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. When something wonderful happens, you can't wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself. Click to continue reading

      12. Eighty-five times he pushed his disabled son, Rick, 26.2 miles in marathons. Eight times he not only pushed him 26.2 miles in a wheelchair but also towed him 2.4 miles in a dinghy while swimming and pedaled him 112 miles in a seat on the handlebars – all in the same day. Dick also pulled him cross-country skiing, taken him on his back mountain climbing and once hauled him across the U.S. on a bike. Makes taking your son bowling look a little lame, right? And what has Rick done for his father? Not much – except save his life. Click to continue reading

      Eighty-five times he pushed his disabled son, Rick, 26.2 miles in marathons. Eight times he not only pushed him 26.2 miles in a wheelchair but also towed him 2.4 miles in a dinghy while swimming and pedaled him 112 miles in a seat on the handlebars – all in the same day. Dick also pulled him cross-country skiing, taken him on his back mountain climbing and once hauled him across the U.S. on a bike. Makes taking your son bowling look a little lame, right? And what has Rick done for his father? Not much – except save his life.This love story began in Winchester, Mass., 43 years ago, when Rick was strangled by the umbilical cord during birth, leaving him brain-damaged and unable to control his limbs."He'll be a vegetable the rest of his life," Dick says doctors told him and his wife, Judy, when Rick was nine months old. "Put him in an institution."But the Hoyt weren't buying it. They noticed the way Rick's eyes followed them around the room. When Rick was 11 they took him to the engineering department at Tufts University and asked if there was anything to help the boy communicate. "No way," Dick says he was told. "There's nothing going on in his brain.""Tell him a joke," Dick countered. They did. Rick laughed. Turns out a lot was going on in his brain.Rigged up with a computer that allowed him to control the cursor by touching a switch with the side of his head, Rick was finally able to communicate. First words? "Go Bruins!" And after a high school classmate was paralyzed in an accident and the school organized a charity run for him, Rick pecked out, "Dad, I want to do that."Yeah, right. How was Dick, a self-described "porker" who never ran more than a mile at a time, going to push his son five miles? Still, he tried. "Then it was me who was handicapped," Dick says. "I was sore for two weeks."That day changed Rick's life. "Dad," he typed, "when we were running, it felt like I wasn't disabled anymore!"And that sentence changed Dick's life. He became obsessed with giving Rick that feeling as often as he could. He got into such hard-belly shape that he and Rick were ready to try the 1979 Boston Marathon."No way," Dick was told by a race official. The Hoyt weren't quite a single runner, and they weren't quite a wheelchair competitor. For a few years Dick and Rick just joined the massive field and ran anyway, then they found a way to get into the race officially: In 1983 they ran another marathon so fast they made the qualifying time for Boston the following year.Then somebody said, "Hey, Dick, why not a triathlon?"How's a guy who never learned to swim and hadn't ridden a bike since he was six going to haul his 110-pound kid through a triathlon? Still, Dick tried.Now they've done 212 triathlons, including four grueling 15-hour Ironmans in Hawaii. It must be a buzzkill to be a 25-year-old stud getting passed by an old guy towing a grown man in a dinghy, don't you think?Hey, Dick, why not see how you'd do on your own? "No way," he says. Dick does it purely for "the awesome feeling" he gets seeing Rick with a cantaloupe smile as they run, swim and ride together.This year, at ages 65 and 43, Dick and Rick finished their 24th Boston Marathon, in 5,083rd place out of more than 20,000 starters. Their best time? Two hours, 40 minutes in 1992; only 35 minutes off the world record, which, in case you don't keep track of these things, happens to be held by a guy who was not pushing another man in a wheelchair at the time."No question about it," Rick types. "My dad is the Father of the Century."And Dick got something else out of all this too. Two years ago he had a mild heart attack during a race. Doctors found that one of his arteries was 95% clogged. "If you hadn't been in such great shape," one doctor told him, "you probably would've died 15 years ago."So, in a way, Dick and Rick saved each other's life.Rick, who has his own apartment (he gets home care) and works in Boston, and Dick, retired from the military and living in Holland, Mass., always find ways to be together. They give speeches around the country and compete in some backbreaking race every weekend, including this Father's Day.That night, Rick will buy his dad dinner, but the thing he really wants to give him is a gift he can never buy."The thing I'd most like," Rick types, "is that my dad would sit in the chair and I would push him once."Story: http://www.symphonyoflove.net/blog/33/the-strongest-dad-in-the-world.html
Photo Credit: http://www.teamhoyt.com/about/index.html

      13. When asked why was she attempting the around the world flight,
      Amelia Earhart clarified her reasoning, "…now and then women should do for themselves what men have already done – occasionally what men have not done – thereby establishing themselves as persons, and perhaps encouraging other women toward greater independence of thought and action. Some such consideration was a contributing reason for my wanting to do what I so much wanted to do." She was definitely a remarkable person, reading her biography gave me added insight and appreciation of the quote above.

      14. I am Thankful:

      For the Wife
      Who says it's hot dogs tonight,
      Because she is home with me,

      Click to continue reading
      I am Thankful:For the Wife
Who says it's hot dogs tonight,
Because she is home with me,
And not out with someone else.For the Husband
Who is on the Sofa
Being a couch potato,
Because he is home with me
And not out at the bars.For the teenager
Who is complaining about doing dishes
Because it means she is at home,
Not on the streets.For the tax I pay
Because it means
I am employed.For the mess to clean after a party
Because it means I have
Been surrounded by friends.For the clothes that fit a little too snug
Because it means
I have enough to eat.For my shadow that watches me work
Because it means
I am out in the sunshineFor a lawn that needs mowing,
Windows that need cleaning,
And gutters that need fixing
Because it means I have a home.For all the complaining
I hear about the government
Because it means
We have freedom of speech.For the parking spot
I find at the end of the parking lot
Because it means I am capable of walking
And I have been blessed with transportation.For my huge heating bill
Because it means
I am warm.For the lady behind me in church
Who sings off key because it means
I can hear.For the pile of laundry and ironing
Because it means
I have clothes to wear.For weariness and aching muscles
At the end of the day
Because it means I have been
Capable of working hard.For the alarm that goes off
In the early morning hours
Because it means I am alive.And finally, for too much emailBecause it means
I have friends who are thinking of me.- Author UnknownFrom: http://www.symphonyoflove.net/blog/62/i-am-thankful.html
Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/18235754@N00/6370709509