HOW TO PLAN AN ADVENTURE VACATION

  • lonewolfadventure@excite.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2001
      My name is Thomas Carroll and below is an article for inclusion in
      your newsletter. Please feel free to use it as desired as long as my
      URL is included. Please inform me if you will use the article, and if
      so, when you plan to publish it.

      If you have any questions, or would like to change something, please
      e-mail me. Additional articles are available at:
      Lone-Wolf-Newsletter-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      My web-site is:
      http://www.lonewolfadventure.com
      or: http://www.wiaj.com/lonewolfadventure

      Thanks for your time.

      Sincerely,
      Thomas Carroll

      How To Plan An Adventure Vacation

      Are you tired of spending your vacations visiting friends and
      relatives, or sitting in front of the television set? Do you want to
      experience something unique on your next vacation, something exotic
      or interesting that you'll never forget? It's not nearly as difficult
      as one may expect, nor as expensive. Do-it-yourself adventure travel
      is much cheaper and easier than travel agencies would have you
      believe. Follow the steps outlined and your next vacation could be
      the most exciting and rewarding time of your life.

      First, Set A Goal
      Don't watch movies like Indiana Jones and the X-Files solely for
      their entertainment value, watch them for vacation ideas! Read
      magazines like Escape, Big World, and National Geographic's Adventure
      to get a taste of what's out there. Once you've settled on your
      vacation goal, write it down and post it where you'll see it
      everyday. This will serve as a reminder, and help to keep you
      motivated.

      Second, Find An Association
      Associations are probably the single, best sources of information
      available. Most of them have archive collections, a newsletter or
      magazine, and an expert staff willing to answer your questions.
      Several associations exist for adventure travel. These include the
      Royal Geographical Society, South American Explorer's, Himalayan
      Explorer's Club, and the National Geographic Society, just to name a
      few. To find an association appropriate to your needs, go to
      the library and ask the librarian for the Encyclopedia of
      Associations, or conduct an internet search. Once you've found an
      association, pay the membership dues (usually between $20 and $50 a
      year) and contact them about your adventure. Tell them what you are
      going to do and ask for information on flights, visa requirements,
      transportation within the country, places to sleep, recommended
      guidebooks, or anything else you'll need to know. Write down this
      information and post it next to your goal statement.

      Third, Determine How Much Money You'll Need
      With the help of an association and guidebook, you can figure out how
      much your adventure vacation will cost. What is the exchange rate for
      the country you will be visiting? What is the average cost of hotels,
      transportation, and meals? How much is round-trip airfare? Once
      you've determined the total sum, start saving a percentage of your
      money from each paycheck.

      Fourth, Get Your Gear
      Make a list of all the things you think you'll need, then cut that
      list in half. Don't forget the essentials: passport, visa, traveler's
      checks, tickets, extra clothes, credit/ATM cards, an address
      book, and eyeglasses, contacts, or medical prescriptions.

      Fifth, The Adventure!
      Well, it's time for your vacation and everything's ready. You are
      about to have an experience you'll never forget, and what most people
      only dream of. Bien viaje!

      Aditional adventure articles are available for free at: