HamFest Reminder and Change

  • Matthew J. Grossman
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2010
      This message serves both as a reminder of our Spring Hamfest on Saturday
      Morning and as an announcement of a last-minute change.

      The RST Spring Hamfest will start at 7:00AM this Saturday, March 27.
      Vendor setup is at 6:00AM. VE Testing is scheduled for 9:00AM. Vendor
      spaces are $5 each and this year's test session fee is $15. RST will be
      selling coffee and doughnuts, as usual.

      Now, for the last-minute change: We have been caught in a bureaucratic
      SNAFU at the venue. Due to a scheduling error, 3,500 to 4,000 attendees
      of the NAMI Walk fundraiser will be parking in the lot where we usually
      hold the hamfest. The folks that run Kino Sports Complex have offered
      to move us to the Tucson Electric Park parking lot across Ajo Way.
      They will be providing access to a meeting room in the ball park for
      testing and will be unlocking the restrooms for our use.

      Signs will be posted at the original location starting Friday afternoon
      to redirect vendors and visitors to the new location. Also, a map has
      been posted to http://www.tucsonhamfest.org/

      I apologize for the short notice of this change and look forward to
      seeing all of you on Saturday.

      Matthew Grossman, President
      Radio Society of Tucson

      Matthew J. Grossman, PP-ASEL matthew@...