Hear Clear

  • Walter
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2006
      I am thinking about changing the bigelow repeater to be a hear clear
      repeater. That means that radios will need to be reprogramed for hear
      clear. I should help clear up some of the popping audio. I will let
      everyone know when this is going to happens.
      Walt
    • Walter
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 9, 2006
        Well After thinking it over I can't change Bigelow over to Hear clear.
        The reason is The bigelow repeater has a converted 800 meg receiver.
        They will not do hear clear. So I have a 10 watt repeater that I can
        set up to work hear clear. I will let everyone know when it is up and
        running. If it seems to work ok I will program radios.
        Walt
      • Walter
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 30, 2007
          I replaced the 800 meg receiver in the Bigelow repeater with a 900
          meg. I then programmed the repeater to do Hear Clear.
          The first tests are very good. Tom on the far east side of town is
          able to work the repeater without all the popping noise. Weak signals
          just sound weak.
          The repeater will work with radios not set up for hear clear.
          I have programmed a few users radios, but need to get every one set up
          for hear clear.
          I am thinking about doing this to the Downtown repeater also.
          Walt

          --- In 900mhZ-N-Tucson@yahoogroups.com, "Walter" <wb4lds@...> wrote:

          > Well After thinking it over I can't change Bigelow over to Hear
          clear.
          > The reason is The bigelow repeater has a converted 800 meg receiver.
          > They will not do hear clear. So I have a 10 watt repeater that I can
          > set up to work hear clear. I will let everyone know when it is up
          and
          > running. If it seems to work ok I will program radios.
          > Walt

        • Dail Terry
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 30, 2007

            Walter,

            Have time to do two GTX Mobiles and a GTX handheld?

            Dail