Jim Riley (D, TX) for Congress! YOU can help!

  • Jim Riley
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2011
      Hi!

      If you have had enough with what is happening in Washington, games that our Republican Party controlled Congress is playing with our lives, our children, our teachers, firefighters, police officers, the working-class, the elderly and disabled, please check out this link?

      If you are upset with politicval ideology that is crippling our government, and so bad that even Governor Chris Christy (R, NJ) told them it's time to stop and help the people affected by Hurricane Irene, please check out this link?

      If YOU would like to support our real grassroots, working-class Jim Riley for Congress campaign to help change things in Texas and our House, the people's House of Representatives, please click on this link?

      But above all, please contribute and "share" this e-mail with every good Democrat, every dedicated and patriotic American that you know and ask them to help? My opponent has the Koch Brothers as onhe of his top twenty supporters, I'm depending on people like YOU!

      Thank you,

      Jim Riley
      Democratic Candidate for Congress
      11th District, TX.

    • Richard Armstrong
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2011
        Jim,

        be careful posting on this group.    There are some people here that will go all apoplectic on you, you being conservative and all.      You don't want to cause them a stroke or anything like that.     Some of them get real upset if you don't share their opinion or political views.      I find it's the conservatives that respect your right to a differing opinion.

        Rick
        A Co 2/68 Armor

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 4, 2011
          Don't worry about people going apoplectic on you in this group. The only time I've seen it is when stupid becomes confused with ideology or reality and that applies to the entire political spectrum.

          SP6 Paro
          459th Signal 69-70

          Richard Armstrong <msgtrarmstrong@...> wrote:

          >Jim,

          >be careful posting on this group.    There are some people here that will go all apoplectic on you, you being conservative and all.      You don't want to cause them a stroke or anything like that.     Some of them get real upset if you don't share their opinion or political views.      I find it's the conservatives that respect your right to a differing opinion.

          >Rick
          >A Co 2/68 Armor

        • Jerry Walker
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 5, 2011
            Differing opinions is what makes us all Americans.

            Jerry
            HQ, 8th Inf DivArty, 1977-1979,
            Baumholder

            Don't worry about people going apoplectic on you in this group. The only time I've seen it is when stupid becomes confused with ideology or reality and that applies to the entire political spectrum.

            SP6 Paro
            459th Signal 69-70

            Richard Armstrong <msgtrarmstrong@...> wrote:

            >Jim,

            >be careful posting on this group.    There are some people here that will go all apoplectic on you, you being conservative and all.      You don't want to cause them a stroke or anything like that.     Some of them get real upset if you don't share their opinion or political views.      I find it's the conservatives that respect your right to a differing opinion.

            >Rick
            >A Co 2/68
            Armor

            target=_blank>http://www.jimrileyforcongress.com

          • Matthew Ginn
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 6, 2011
              Jerry,

              I must be extra-American, because I don't even agree with myself half the time.

              On balance, though, I'd generally prefer to stick to Army stuff on this site. I can get politics anywhere, any time, but this is the only place where I can get 8th ID stuff.

              For example, I'm looking forward to Jim Riley telling us about the Saturday night when he was court martialled for getting drunk with the Snake Lady in downtown Baumholder and then fighting with the MPs all the way back to the barracks.  [Only kidding.]

              Matt Ginn
              1/39 Inf (M)
              1986-1989

              On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Jerry Walker <wilcalak@...> wrote:

              Differing opinions is what makes us all Americans.

              Jerry
              HQ, 8th Inf DivArty, 1977-1979,
              Baumholder

              Don't worry about people going apoplectic on you in this group. The only time I've seen it is when stupid becomes confused with ideology or reality and that applies to the entire political spectrum.

              SP6 Paro
              459th Signal 69-70

              Richard Armstrong <msgtrarmstrong@...> wrote:

              >Jim,

              >be careful posting on this group.    There are some people here that will go all apoplectic on you, you being conservative and all.      You don't want to cause them a stroke or anything like that.     Some of them get real upset if you don't share their opinion or political views.      I find it's the conservatives that respect your right to a differing opinion.

              >Rick
              >A Co 2/68 Armor

            • James Turner
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 6, 2011
                As a moderator I tend to let things slide but I definetely prefer to keep politics out of here. Also there are a couple of 8th id sites on facebook, one that Rich created and one created by another member here, both are great sites and worth joining. One is 8th infantry division and the othe is 8th infantry division veterans. Over all the internet sites have been great for these types of chat boards.
                Jim Turner 3/68 Armor 69-71

                Don't worry about people going apoplectic on you in this group. The only time I've seen it is when stupid becomes confused with ideology or reality and that applies to the entire political spectrum.

                SP6 Paro
                459th Signal 69-70

                Richard Armstrong <msgtrarmstrong@...> wrote:

                >Jim,

                >be careful posting on this group.    There are some people here that will go all apoplectic on you, you being conservative and all.      You don't want to cause them a stroke or anything like that.     Some of them get real upset if you don't share their opinion or political views.      I find it's the conservatives that respect your right to a differing opinion.

                >Rick
                >A Co 2/68 Armor

              • Butch S
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 6, 2011
                  "...I'd generally prefer to stick to Army stuff on this site. I can get politics anywhere, any time, but this is the only place where I can get 8th ID stuff."

                  Amen brother! On the sites I moderate I don't allow discussion/posts that have to do with politics or religion. IMHO, this is not the forum for that stuff either. Like you I'd prefer to keep it 8thID-related.