Help requested US Army camouflage during Cold War period

  • sabbi12000
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2010
      Hello Guys,

      my name is Bernd Glanz, I'm German and I live near Illesheim/Ansbach where currently the 12th CAB is stationed.

      My friend an I, we are currently working on a projekt - the US Army camouflage on combat vehicles during the Cold War.

      We already got some pics and an Army Manual, but we are looking for soldiers who were in service during the period ca. 1974 until 1986.

      If there is someone out there who can help with the early MERDC camouflage, please feel free to contact me.

      What we didn't know yet is if there was an Army TM or FM for these two camouflage patterns - Masster and Dual Tex, which were used only?! by 7th US Army and 2nd Armored Cav.

      Maybe you know some people or can help us in other ways - all help is welcome.

      If anyone would like to know something about US posts in Germany, my help is offered. For all who don't know Usarmygermany, please visit and help Walter with his outstanding work :

      http://www.usarmygermany.com/

      Our own homepage is

      http://www.munamuseum.de/

      and we collect all kind of military items, refugees and so on which were used in our area from 1870 until now, when we have a friendship with 12th CAB in Ansbach/Illesheim.

      Maybe you want to have a look at our homepage, just to make sure thats not only a kind of picture collecting.

      Best regards from Germany and god bless you all!

      Bernd Glanz
    • DanR
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2010
        I was stationed at Sullivan Barracks 4-74 thru 5-76 with 5/68 armor.
        We painted all tanks and support vehicles shortly after my arrival mid 74 to what we called "desert camo". I am sure I have some photos here I could locate if you would like.

        --- In 8thdivmodern@yahoogroups.com, "sabbi12000" <hbglanz@...> wrote:

        > Hello Guys,
        >
        > my name is Bernd Glanz, I'm German and I live near Illesheim/Ansbach where currently the 12th CAB is stationed.
        >
        > My friend an I, we are currently working on a projekt - the US Army camouflage on combat vehicles during the Cold War.
        >
        > We already got some pics and an Army Manual, but we are looking for soldiers who were in service during the period ca. 1974 until 1986.
        >
        > If there is someone out there who can help with the early MERDC camouflage, please feel free to contact me.
        >
        > What we didn't know yet is if there was an Army TM or FM for these two camouflage patterns - Masster and Dual Tex, which were used only?! by 7th US Army and 2nd Armored Cav.
        >
        > Maybe you know some people or can help us in other ways - all help is welcome.
        >
        > If anyone would like to know something about US posts in Germany, my help is offered. For all who don't know Usarmygermany, please visit and help Walter with his outstanding work :
        >
        > http://www.usarmygermany.com/
        >

        > Our own homepage is
        >
        > http://www.munamuseum.de/
        >

        > and we collect all kind of military items, refugees and so on which were used in our area from 1870 until now, when we have a friendship with 12th CAB in Ansbach/Illesheim.
        >

        > Maybe you want to have a look at our homepage, just to make sure thats not only a kind of picture collecting.
        >

        > Best regards from Germany and god bless you all!
        >

        > Bernd Glanz

      • charlieca1
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7, 2010
          I was in Charlie Co. 1/13 Inf. at Baumholder and we painted our tracks and everything else "desert camo" too. It was in mid 73 I think. I got there in Mar. 73 and it was soon after that.