Re: [8thdivmodern] Re: Coleman Barracks- Sandhofen

  • FA2930EX3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2009
      I bet the old 3/8 CAV buildings still have 12 layers of paint on the walls

      In a message dated 4/29/2009 6:05:48 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, bfort@... writes:
      Isn't Coleman a base for UN troops now or a helicopter maintainence facility or something. It's not a US base anymore from what I understand.- -- In 8thdivmodern@ yahoogroups. com, Petra Garrett <devil67de@. ..> wrote:

      > Hi, guys, i just seen, that you all wonder how Coleman look like today, well, i live next to mannheim, sorry, i can't take no pics off it to put em in here.
      > But i just went on Google Earth and checked the area out, everything is shown clear, you can see the cars parked on parkinglot in front the Bowling...., so if you got G.E., just see how it look like today. i typed in, Mannheim Sandhofen, and since it is right next to A6, you all can't miss.....just wanna give you all some ideas!
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 7 , May 4, 2009
        I know we were stripping paint from the 2/13 barracks while we were there in 70/71 so they could repaint. Any time someone got in trouble with Top he was put to work stripping paint.--- In 8thdivmodern@yahoogroups.com, FA2930EX3@... wrote:

        > I bet the old 3/8 CAV buildings still have 12 layers of paint on the walls
        >

        > In a message dated 4/29/2009 6:05:48 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
        > bfort@... writes:
        >
        > Isn't Coleman a base for UN troops now or a helicopter maintainence
        > facility or something. It's not a US base anymore from what I understand.-Isn't
        > _8thdivmodern@8thdivmodern8th_ (mailto:8thdivmodern@yahoogroups.com) , Petra
        > Garrett <devil67de@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi, guys, i just seen, that you all wonder how Coleman look like today,
        > well, i live next to mannheim, sorry, i can't take no pics off it to put em
        > in here.
        > > But i just went on Google Earth and checked the area out, everything is
        > shown clear, you can see the cars parked on parkinglot in front the
        > Bowling...., so if you got G.E., just see how it look like today. i typed in,
        > Mannheim Sandhofen, and since it is right next to A6, you all can't
        > miss.....just wanna give you all some ideas!
        >

        > **************Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the
        > web. Get the Radio Toolbar!
        > (http://toolbar.aol.com/aolradio/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000003)

      • Jerry Abcd
        Message 3 of 7 , May 4, 2009
          http://www.panoramio.com/photo/6460384 will take you onto Sullivan Barracks, and show the chapel.
          Google earth is super! It lets you browse around

          Message 4 of 7 , May 4, 2009
            I used to work in the 3/8 CAV HQs Bldg. The restroom had this red-white paint job and about 20 layers of paint.

            In a message dated 5/4/2009 10:09:40 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, bfort@... writes:
            I know we were stripping paint from the 2/13 barracks while we were there in 70/71 so they could repaint. Any time someone got in trouble with Top he was put to work stripping paint.--- In 8thdivmodern@ yahoogroups. com, FA2930EX3@.. . wrote:

            > I bet the old 3/8 CAV buildings still have 12 layers of paint on the walls

            Remember Mom this Mother's Day! Find a florist near you now.