Re: [8thdivmodern] pics of baumholder

  • Matthew Ginn
    Message 1 of 48 , Apr 2, 2009
      One more for the collection -- anyone who served in Baumholder ought to remember this.  Obviously been a few updates since 1989, but not so many that you can't still recognise it.

      On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Matthew Ginn <matthewginn@...> wrote:
      Same fellow who played soccer for FC Ecke, and went to work out at Nahbollenbach for a while?  Wouldn't mind sending an email if you know the address.  He'd have been with 8th ID, too, wouldn't he?  Could send him the 8thdivmodern details. . . .

      On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 3:16 AM, Coffeeshop <tackleberry_1@...> wrote:

      Yep that's him

      On 27.03.2009, at 07:19, Matthew Ginn <matthewginn@...> wrote:

      Struggling to remember, but I do see that there's a 'Matheny Insekenschutz' listed in Kirn.  I bet you're right.

      On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 6:05 PM, Coffeeshop <tackleberry_1@...> wrote:

      Dave Matheny?

      On 24.03.2009, at 10:03, Matthew Ginn <matthewginn@...> wrote:

      If you were in Baumholder in '86, you were there the same time I was.  Small world.  Did you know the ex-GI from out in Kirn who worked at the garage, over near the PX?  Been struggling to remember his name for ages.

      On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 1:16 AM, Coffeeshop <tackleberry_1@...> wrote:

      I came back over in 1986
      I worked for P.A.E for 10 years.

      Then I worked for DynCorp for
      10 years , now I work for ITT as
      A sams-e clerk I been with this
      company for 2 years now buy,
      I'm getting home sick LOL

      On 17.03.2009, at 09:14, Matthew Ginn <matthewginn@...> wrote:

      Gotcha.  Did you go back over for a contract job, or stay in Germany and find one locally?

      On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 6:57 PM, Coffeeshop <tackleberry_1@...> wrote:

      Contractor

      On 17.03.2009, at 08:48, Matthew Ginn <matthewginn@...> wrote:

      How'd you swing a job on post?  When I was there, you had to be a wife or a local hire.

      When I was there, Jack Boy's ran their takeaway operation down near the train station and taxi dispatch, near the gate to the railhead.

      On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Coffeeshop <tackleberry_1@...> wrote:

      I work in Baumholder on post where was this club located
      I will try and get a picture for you

      On 14.03.2009, at 11:33, "ferncolo70" <ferncolo70@...> wrote:

      does any one have pic of baumholder town espcially the club jack boy?

      oto-title a:visited { text-decoration: none; }div.file-title a, div.file-title a:active, div.file-title a:hover, div.file-title a:visited { text-decoration: none; }#ygrp-msg p { clear: both; padding: 15px 0 3px 0; overflow: hidden; }#ygrp-msg p span { color: #1E66AE; font-weight: bold; }div#ygrp-mlmsg #ygrp-msg p a span.yshortcuts { font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal; }#ygrp-msg p a { font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10px; }#ygrp-mlmsg a { color: #1E66AE; }div.attach-table div div a { text-decoration: none; }div.attach-table { width: 400px; }-->

    • Coffeeshop
      Message 48 of 48 , Apr 2, 2009
        Yes that guy is still around

        On 14.03.2009, at 11:33, "ferncolo70" <ferncolo70@yahoo. com> wrote:

        does any one have pic of baumholder town espcially the club jack boy?

        oto-title a:visited { text-decoration: none; }div.file-title a, div.file-title a:active, div.file-title a:hover, div.file-title a:visited { text-decoration: none; }#ygrp-msg p { clear: both; padding: 15px 0 3px 0; overflow: hidden; }#ygrp-msg p span { color: #1E66AE; font-weight: bold; }div#ygrp-mlmsg #ygrp-msg p a span.yshortcuts { font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal; }#ygrp-msg p a { font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10px; }#ygrp-mlmsg a { color: #1E66AE; }div.attach-table div div a { text-decoration: none; }div.attach-table { width: 400px; }-->

        Recent Activity
          Visit Your Group
          <That House by wolf-vielbach.jpg>