I Got This New Scam Letter....

  • FA2930EX3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 14 9:10 AM
      You know the Nigerian scam letter where a guy needs help moving a huge pile of money?  I just got a new one, but its supposed to from a US Soldier.   I thought you all might like to see how it starts...... ( link removed):

      <<My name is Sgt. George Morgan, an American soldier, I was serving in the military of the 3rd Infantry Division in Iraq. I am in Spain at the moment, I and my partner moved one of the boxes containing funds which we believe is belonging to Saddam Hussein in March 2003, the total fund in this box is $12,000,000.00 (Twelve million US dollars), this fund had been moved via a safe Diplomatic Courier Service to a secured security company, Click on this>>

    • jack cull
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 14 9:24 AM
        gee are you going to share the money with us?

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 14 9:34 AM
          Yeah, we're going to reorganize the 8th Division and invade the State of Georgia.  Everyone will think its the Russians.

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 14 9:59 AM
            Thanks for the notice on this.  There have actually been many, many different version of this email scam going on.  Some have even made our local D.C. News organizations at various times for reminders that these are scams.

            When in doubt about ANY email that sounds suspicious, there is a fabulous web site that puts all sorts of myths to rest and will tell you if any email is true or not.  There are actually a LOT of fun and also interesting stories on there that are confirmed as either true, false, or inconclusive.  The web address is:  www.snopes.com.

            Also, if you get any obvious scam or phishing emails, especially from what seems to be banks, any other financial institution, legitimate looking utility, etc, .asking you to click on hyperlinks, DON'T.  For example, I have dealings with Bank of America, Chase, Wells Fargo, Direct TV, just to name a few, and have received so many "official" looking emails from them, but something was just a bit off to make it look suspicious, asking me to respond directly by email and by doing it immediately after receiving the email especially asking me to click on a hyperlink of theirs.  These are phishing emails and they can actually end up stealing your identity.  If you get one of these, you should immediately forward the email to the Federal Trade Commission who regulates TV, Radio, other things to include email transmissions that are spam.  I highly urge you to report any of these scam or phishing emails to the FTC at the following email address:  spam@...

            Hope this informs some of ya'll.  Take care and God Bless!  o:-)

            Judi