Re: [8thdivmodern] Re: HAPPY THANSKGIVING!!!!!

  • Matthew Davis
    Message 1 of 27 , Dec 1, 2006
      Not really, but thanks alot. We mainly remain in support of special troops when they do their missions. When they need firepower we come in with all our armor.    Matt Davis

      FA2930EX3@... wrote:
      Matt, do you need Silly String?  The news says US Troops are using silly string to clear boobytraps in houses.

      In a message dated 11/30/2006 7:01:57 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, runner_ravis@ yahoo.com writes:
      All is fairly well here.      Matt Davis

    • christof139
      Message 2 of 27 , Dec 1, 2006
        Yes, to a small degree; minor house renovations, plus I can't afford
        a new one at the moment, unless I find a used stove, which is a
        possibility for future consideration. There is always a lot of free
        firewood in my wooded westside Detroit neighborhood; plenty of trees
        and stormfall and people always are putting out cut wood. I even have
        some Wild Black Cherry tree wood from when I had the 80-foot tree
        taken down in about 1994 or so. Good wood to cook with. I sold a
        couple of face cords to a restaurant that cooked their pizzas etc.
        using wood.

        In my garage rests a near 500-pound boiler plate monster stove, but
        it is too large and heavy and ugly and dangerous to be used in a
        house. A friend of mine that I got it from in some cuckoobird deal,
        Mike, a Marine that did 30-months with the 3rd and 1st MAR Divs.
        including a stint with the "Waliking Dead' or 1/9 Marines, almost
        burned his house down with that stove. He caught his wall on fire one
        cold Winter day. %-) Mike is/was a trip. The mosnter stove will take
        logs almost 3-foot long. It burns HOT!!! Looks pretty evil when it is
        glowing red-orange.

        I have a large window airconditioner in my garage for Summer use.

        Seems things over where you are at are popping a lot. That's a rough
        place to be. I wish the crazy F's would stop their assinine BS and
        become human to some degree or other, without their twisted so-
        called 'religous' views. A lot of people here are fed-up with that
        type of sadisitic and false machismo that is so prevalent to people
        from that area, and that includes the idiots here in the States that
        act like that.

        One fellow here that had a mental and apparently also religous and
        ethnic problems, attacked a past Doctor of mine in his office, Dr.
        Schwarz, and knifed him in his office, but the Doc survived because
        he was fairly large and in decent shape and young. My heart Doctor is
        a friend of Dr. Scharwz's, and also knows two israeli Paratroopers I
        once knew that fought against Syria in the 1973 Yom Kippur War. Small
        world at times. I've been attacked with a knife, shot at a couple of
        times, seen a couple of people get shot at point-blank range, stopped
        an attempted rape and a robbery, have had freinds, neighbors and
        relatives robbed and attacked etc., been burned out of house and
        home, and I don't appreciate people that perpretate such madness, and
        react accordingly.

        My friend Les, 1965-66 Vietnam, caught a couple of very overtly
        Middle eastern types taking pics of a train yard, and they had
        attempted to buy his and/or his neighbor's van the previous day. les
        and his wife did not get the individuals' plate number, but they did
        report it to the police and Homeland Security got involved in a big
        way. A couple of crude IEDs were also supposedly found by the Detroit
        Police etc. at water intake points, as was posted at an unofficial
        website. There is decent security and alertnes here, because of the
        large Middle Eastern population in our area.

        Take care, Chris

        PS: I will mail the small package to ya'll today or tommorrow.

        --- In 8thdivmodern@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Davis <runner_ravis@...>
        wrote:

        > Why can't you still get a Franklin stove? Would it require massive
        house renovations? All is fairly well here. Matt Davis

> [...]
        > Matt Davis
        > >
        > > christof139 <christof139@> wrote: Hi Matt,
        > >
        > > Here in Detroit we arehaving absolutely marvelous weather in the
        > > 50's, and today, Monday Nov. 27 it may hit 57 and tommorrow or
        > maybe
        > > 61!! Great!!
        > >
        > > I saw the bad news about the slaughter in Sadr City etc. It is
        > rather
        > > sad and also disgusting that those people are and have been
        having
        > > such trouble getting along with each other since about 700AD or
        so.
        > > What a stupid waste of life and resources.
        > >
        > > Detroit has the largest concentration of people from the Middle
        > east
        > > of any metro city area in the USA and perhaps the world, and
        there
        > > are some problms sometimes but rather rarely. Many of these
        people
        > > are from Iraq and Iran etc., both Christian and Muslim.
        > >
        > > I'll be sending another package to ya'll soon.
        > >
        > > Take care as well as you can, Chris
        > >
        > > PS: Results from my liver biopsy and lathroscopy (internal fiber
        > > optic camera inspection of my abdominal cavity) showed all was
        > well,
        > > with no signs of liver sirossis. So, I feel much better, as the
        > > stupid Hep. C virus is rather weak and my system has kept it at a
        > low
        > > count. Now, I have to arrange to take the meds to see if the
        virus
        > > can be erradicated, and there is about a 45% chance. This is a
        > common
        > > virus, that wasn't even discovered until the late 1980's and
        about
        > 4
        > > million or so people have it. Don't share razors, be careful
        around
        > > human sewage polluted water especially if you have cuts or
        > abrasions
        > > etc.
        > >
        > > --- In 8thdivmodern@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Davis
        <runner_ravis@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > It is probably in the 50's here at night. A lot of soldiers
        > aren't
        > > used to the cooler weather when it hits, because it's been so hot
        > > during the daytime. I'm originally from Maine so this to me is
        > great.
        > > We have not had any rain for a while and everything is dry. The
        > wind
        > > does blow at night also so that kicks up the coolness. Hope all
        is
        > > well with you and you had a good holiday. Matt Davis
        > > > FA2930EX3@ wrote: Is it cold in Iraq right now? I
        > > saw some troops from the 10th Mountain on CNN this morning, and
        > they
        > > were sitting around a fire inside a power plant.
        > > >

        > > ---------------------------------
        > > Cheap Talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call

      • Matthew Davis
        Message 3 of 27 , Dec 1, 2006
          I agree. Don't use that large stove. You certainly have had your share of experiences. This place is one big "unanswered question"! Too many "what if's". Anyway we will continue to do what we have to, in order to survive. Thanks for your support, as always.   Matt Davis

          wrote:

> [...]
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > It is probably in the 50's here at night. A lot of soldiers
          > aren't
          > > used to the cooler weather when it hits, because it's been so hot
          > > during the daytime. I'm originally from Maine so this to me is
          > great.
          > > We have not had any rain for a while and everything is dry. The
          > wind
          > > does blow at night also so that kicks up the coolness. Hope all
          is
          > > well with you and you had a good holiday. Matt Davis
          > > > FA2930EX3@ wrote: Is it cold in Iraq right now? I
          > > saw some troops from the 10th Mountain on CNN this morning, and
          > they
          > > were sitting around a fire inside a power plant.
          > > >

          > > ------------ --------- --------- ---
          > > Cheap Talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call

        • christof139
          Message 4 of 27 , Dec 3, 2006
            Hi Matt,

            Yup, that monster stove would be another disaster if it gets cooking
            in a house again. I saw Mike's burnt wall caused by that large stove.
            I don't know if Mike's house wall or Mike himself is the most burnt
            though. ;-)

            Yeah, one never knows what to expect from life, or what awaits beyond
            the next corner. It does make a person wonder about things.

            'If' is a big word in more ways than one!!!

            I didn't mail the little package today as I was going to as I am a
            bit burnt-out myself, but should mail it tommorrow.

            Ya'll take care over there in the hot sandpit/box, Chris

            Message 5 of 27 , Dec 4, 2006
              We'll be safe Chris. As safe as we can be in Baghdad at this time. Don't worry about the package, take your time. Thanks.    Matt Davis

              Message 6 of 27 , Dec 4, 2006
                Hello Matt,

                I mailed the small package today. Yeah, be as alert as possible, Chris

                wrote:

> [...]
                > did
                > > report it to the police and Homeland Security got involved in a
                big
                > > way. A couple of crude IEDs were also supposedly found by the
                > Detroit
                > > Police etc. at water intake points, as was posted at an
                unofficial
                > > website. There is decent security and alertnes here, because of
                the
                > > large Middle Eastern population in our area.
                > >
                > > Take care, Chris
                > >
                > > PS: I will mail the small package to ya'll today or tommorrow.
                > >
                > > --- In 8thdivmodern@yahoogroups.com, Matthew Davis
                <runner_ravis@>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Why can't you still get a Franklin stove? Would it require
                > massive
                > > house renovations? All is fairly well here. Matt Davis

              • Matthew Davis
                Message 7 of 27 , Dec 5, 2006
                  Thanks Chris. I'll let you know when it gets here.

                  wrote:

> [...]
                  > did
                  > > report it to the police and Homeland Security got involved in a
                  big
                  > > way. A couple of crude IEDs were also supposedly found by the
                  > Detroit
                  > > Police etc. at water intake points, as was posted at an
                  unofficial
                  > > website. There is decent security and alertnes here, because of
                  the
                  > > large Middle Eastern population in our area.
                  > >
                  > > Take care, Chris
                  > >
                  > > PS: I will mail the small package to ya'll today or tommorrow.
                  > >
                  > > --- In 8thdivmodern@ yahoogroups. com, Matthew Davis
                  <runner_ravis@ >
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Why can't you still get a Franklin stove? Would it require
                  > massive
                  > > house renovations? All is fairly well here. Matt Davis

                • christof139
                  Message 8 of 27 , Dec 5, 2006
                    O-kee-doo-kee. Chris

                  • FA2930EX3@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 27 , Dec 10, 2006
                      Matt, I'm sending you another box of DVDs.  Probably get it out this week.

                      In a message dated 11/25/2006 12:11:13 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, runner_ravis@... writes:
                      Thanks a lot. Sometimes the days and timeframes seem to drag on. We are doing well and in pretty good spirits, what with all the confusion going on.  Matt Davis

                    • Matthew Davis
                      Message 10 of 27 , Dec 11, 2006
                        Thanks pal. DVDs are always in demand! Things are still going strong here and we have put up our small amount of decorations. Hope you all have a very nice holiday season and God bless.   Matt Davis

                        Message 11 of 27 , Dec 11, 2006
                          My Brother is Scrooge this year. Claims he's too old to buy XMas gifts, so no swapping gifts this year.   He's 65 or so....hope I'm not a scrooge when I'm that age.

                          Message 12 of 27 , Dec 12, 2006
                            He will regret it sooner or later.