Re: Document Find!

  • James A Lewis
    Message 1 of 39 , Aug 1, 2006
      Most unfortunately a house fire and some ill-fated moves have robbed
      me of all photos and mementos from the era. Save one or two photos I
      sent to myGrandmother, one is a studio portrait done sometime in 1985
      while I was with A Co. 2/68 shows a skinny pale soldier PFC with
      only my ASR and Marksmanship badges, 68th AR Flag behind me. this
      proudly hangs on my wall. Funny i look in the mirror and the fat face
      looking back at me don't resemble that kid in the pic......

      --- In 8thdivmodern@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Murphy" <jsmurphy62@...>
      wrote:

      > I have my dog tags with P-38 attached, SMLM Card, Code of Conduct
      > Card, the 1981 Green Book and various Certificates from 8th ID, OSUT
      > and Ft. Benning. Many German beer coasters, a couple of "pickle
      suits"
      > and a set of Class A's. Several FM's and my poncho liner. A couple
      of
      > 10 DM notes and some concert ticket stubs, (Scorpions, Iron Maiden
      > etc...) Had a can of "Ham and Eggs, Chopped" but threw it out years
      > ago. (I couldn't bring myself to open it).
      >

      > --- In 8thdivmodern@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Butcher" <pbutcher@>
      wrote:

      > > I was digging around in some boxes looking for some stuff when I
      came
      > > across my clearing papers from Baumholder, my AAM certificate and
      an
      > > 8th ID Certificate for Reforger 85. It gave me a good chuckle.
      What

    • FA2930EX3@aol.com
      Message 39 of 39 , Aug 4, 2006
        Driving on the autobahn......85 in the slow lane

        In a message dated 8/3/2006 5:24:27 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, pbutcher@... writes:
        I also came across a USAEUR drivers manual.
        Remembering all those road signs was a real bitch