Re: [8thdivmodern] Alerts and the EAM Message

  • Matthew Ginn
    Message 1 of 62 , Jun 30, 2006
      I may be wrong, but I think the relay from Division to Brigade was by secure radio, and landline from there to Battalion.  The SDO at 2nd Brigade had a wallfull of radios to look after.

      On 7/1/06, FA2930EX3@... <FA2930EX3@...> wrote:

      Does anyone know or recall....did the landlines from 8th ID HQ to the BN Emergency Action Centers.....did they actually run all that distance?

      3/8 Cav was PEGASUS, what was 3rd BDE's callsign?

    • James smith
      Message 62 of 62 , Jul 22, 2006
        4th ID rotated back to states in 83, not redesignated. We de-activated in 83, And those members that didnt have enough time in the unit were re-asighned, mostly to Lee Barracks including myself, but some specialty MOS;s went elsewhere in Ger.

        Dennis Houck <denny_042003@...> wrote:
        4th ID FWD was redisgniated to the 8th ID in 1983.

        FA2930EX3@... wrote:
        Sounds like the makings of a great Reforger.

        In a message dated 7/12/2006 6:04:12 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, jimzsubz@... writes:
        I believe it was 4 full divisions, along with brigades of several others, such as 2AD Fwd at Osterholz-Scharmbeck, 4th ID Fwd at Wiesbaden, plus 1 or 2 ACRs.

        Do you Yahoo!?