Re: [8thdivmodern] Re: drop me a note

  • Erick McGregor
    Message 1 of 21 , May 31, 2006
      I had a room mate SPC4 Bougus in Wackernheim. Short but stought fella. That was in 85. I believe he was attached to quartermaster then.

      Erick

      FA2930EX3@... wrote:
      In a message dated 5/30/2006 1:46:07 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, ranchmark@... writes:
      I had a SPC4 Bougas in 3/8 CAV
      What years?

      I was Alpha Troop FIST, 84-86.

      LTC NASH was my first CO

      S'Rhoal MoDrehem

    • FA2930EX3@aol.com
      Message 2 of 21 , May 31, 2006
        Say, when you say......'' I was in the Cold War.''  Does that only include Army troops that served overseas in NATO?

        In a message dated 5/31/2006 12:27:55 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, denny_042003@... writes:
        And we won the war

        FA2930EX3@... wrote:
        All I have to say right now is.....  I'm glad I joined the Army in 1979 and served in the Cold War.   Never fired a shot.

      • Dennis Houck
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 1, 2006
          I don't know who should be considered a CW Vet. I know that the Soldiers of the 8th ID are. It took me one trip to pull border duty with 4/8 Inf to figure out how important our mission was.Have you checked out the Cold War Veterans site out? Their is some pretty intresting stuff there.

          Dennis

          FA2930EX3@... wrote:
          All I have to say right now is.....  I'm glad I joined the Army in 1979 and served in the Cold War.   Never fired a shot.

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Turner, James L (US SSA)
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 1, 2006

            To be eligible for the cold war certificate you need only serve greater than some fixed amount of time (maybe 6 months) on active duty from the start of the cold war until the end of the cold war. It does not matter where you served.

            Jim Turner 3/68 Armor 69-71

            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 1, 2006
              Hello All...What would the web address be for the Cold War Veterans site Dennis. Ah Border Duty. How real world can you get...What a Rush huh. You ever pull any A.R.F. Duty ? There are other duties that we performed,  But I'm not sure I should bring them up. Don't want to let the cat out of the bag so to say. On another note> Awhile back I posted on the group here about Having trouble with the Dayton, Ohio V.A. and they kept canceling my Appointments. Well After I posted here on the group it wasn't a day or two later and The V.A. contacted me and brought me in for a appointment without much wait. And it seemed that they were really trying to help me out this time. They were on the ball this time...Don't know if someone on the group here put in a good word for me or not...But if you did...THANK YOU...... I can't thank you enough...
              Good Luck everyone....Sleeper 8th IDer...Bill In Ohio...
              P.S. We answered the call, We stood the watch, Our mission was successful... We made a differance.../........God Bless the 8th ID Pathfinders and all who served this great Country
              Bill Smead  3 / 8 Cav. C Troop., 1st Plt.
              E-8 Hicks my first and Best Platoon Sgt. If you are out there I would Like to contact you. Thanks for the Training, knowledge and the mindset. I always took comfort in the fact that if the Ballon went up, That I was with one of the Best, if not the Best....

              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 1, 2006
                Bill

                  Its the Cold War Veterans Association also known as the CWVA. They are trying to get Washington to award the Cold War Victory Medal. These people have done a good job in their efforts. Maybe one day we will be recoginzed for what we accomplished. I'm not going to off on a tangent on how I feel about this, but we earned the right to wear the medal. Oh yes I pulled ARF.

                Dennis Houck Dco & Cco 4/8 INF

                FA2930EX3@... wrote:
                All I have to say right now is.....  I'm glad I joined the Army in 1979 and served in the Cold War.   Never fired a shot.

                http://mail.yahoo.com

              • Jim Thomas
                Message 7 of 21 , Jun 1, 2006
                  Message
                  It's here.  No length of service requirement mentioned, just "all members of the armed forces and qualified

                    federal government civilian personnel who faithfully and honorably served the United States anytime during the

                    Cold War era, which is defined as Sept. 2, 1945 to Dec. 26, 1991"

                  https://www.hrc.army.mil/site/active/tagd/coldwar/default.htm

                  Apparently you used to be able to apply on-line, but now you muxt print off a form from the site and mail it in.  Address is on the web page.

                  James Thomas

                  B Co 708th Maint Bn

                  Dec 75 - Nov 78

                    Message 9 of 21 , Jun 2, 2006
                      Thank you for the info Dennis. Bill In Ohio
                    • Bill
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jun 2, 2006
                        Thanks for the info James. Bill In Ohio