Re: [8thdivmodern] Re: Would You Do It Again?

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 53 , Dec 31, 2005
      I prefer The Great OutDoors myself. However..Different Strokes for different Folks...
      Those alerts at O Darkthirty Were really something...."3 years writing Training schedules", That does not sound fun. At least you had some great stories to tell them...lol...Happy New Year Everyone....Bill in Ohio

      FA2930EX3@... wrote:
      Oh yeah, the Army sent me to the Training Command at Ft Jackson after my tour with 3/8 Cav.  I met LTs who spent their entire first 3 yrs in the Army sitting at desks writing training schedules.  They sat there asking all kinds of questions about ''how cool'' it was to have a real life mission.  Yeah, I guess it was better training to be able to roll out at 400 AM, then to warm up an office chair.

      In a message dated 12/28/2005 5:18:38 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, daytonohio@... writes:
      You say that like it's a bad thing...LOL....I didn't realize how much fun I was Having in Europe( 3/8 Cav. ) until I got stationed state side (at Fort Bliss) my last year or so..Boy did that time drag.........Bill in Ohio...C troop 3/8 Cav. Coleman barracks...Happy Holidays Everyone....

      FA2930EX3@... wrote:
      Yes. When I joined the Army in 1979, I thought I'd be in some support unit in the USA.  I ended up in the US Cavalry in Europe.

    • FA2930EX3@aol.com
      Message 53 of 53 , Jan 2, 2006
        I don't understand how a LT, on their first tour of duty, can just sit and do training schedules for 3 yrs.  Why not send them overseas?  We weren't fully staffed at 3/8 CAV FIST/FSE.  I heard DIVARTY had some sort of opening for missile duty officers.  I was told it was a crappy job.  The whole time I was in Germany, I never saw one missile unit.  I saw ADA units, but no FA units.