Re: New members / / /

  • phewston
    Message 1 of 124 , Mar 11, 2005
      I arrived in Baumholder, June 1978. I worked in S3, 1/83d Field
      Artillery and had met Cpt Johanson from S2, 1/83d FA prior to loosing
      him in the Helicopter crash that Jerry talks about. I have many
      great memories of Baumholder, the 83d FA, and 8th Inf Div. And how
      can I forget running the hill by the Rod and Gun Club. :-)

      --- In 8thdivmodern@yahoogroups.com, krazy yankee
      <onekrazyyankee@y...> wrote:
      > I'm still here too. Robert Walker, C Co 1/39
      > Inf, Mar 72 - Sep 74, Baumholder.
      >
      > Bar None.
      > Robert Walker
      >
      > --- Jerry Walker <wilcalak@y...> wrote:
      >
      > > Yes, I'm still here. Baumholder, HQ, 8th Inf
      > > Div Arty, August 1977 to 1979. Is there anyone
      > > in this group that was there during the same
      > > time I was? I enjoyed my tour there, except
      > > when we lost our Div Arty Co, COL Basha, HHB
      > > Commander CPT Johnson, SGM Knighton, and four
      > > others late June 1978.
      > >

      > > Jim Turner <james.l.turner@b...>
      > > wrote:
      > >

      > > I see our ranks are growing! For those of you
      > > who don't know we have
      > > a database set up with 59 entries in it (name,
      > > unit, etc). feel free
      > > to add your name. If you have any photos to add
      > > follow the link to
      > > the alternate site for adding photos, we filled
      > > this site up!
      > > (that's good) Post a message with your unit
      > > dates of service and you
      > > may find an old comrade.
      > > Are the rest of you still alive out there its
      > > been awful quiet. Oh
      > > well back to the superbowl, Eagles first score,
      > > I'm a McNabb fan!
      > >
      > > Jim Turner
      > > 3/68 Armor HHC scout platoon 9/1969-4/1970, C
      > > co C-33 4/70-2/71
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      > > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

      > > Yahoo! Search presents - Jib Jab's 'Second
      > Term'

      > http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
    • boyterandy
      Message 124 of 124 , Mar 12
        thanks Jim I'm interested in making contact with anybody that served CSC1/87th mech. Inf. 74-76